23

The trek back to Mirkwood's borders did not seem to take as much time as it did retreating from it. It was strange considering both wanted nothing more than to return home. But this time they had a purpose which was a driving force behind their fast paces. A few times Ylva did have to pause for a few seconds. She was fine with short fast sprinting, but running over long distances was something she just wasn't built for. Beorn on the other hand seemed to have no trouble whatsoever. But then he did have the longer legs, which was what Ylva begrudged, they carried his form faster and surprisingly quicker than her own.

After a second of catching her breath, she merely ran back to where Beorn had stopped to wait for her. Panting slightly, she just gave him a nod as they continued on their way. The atmosphere before the wood was the usual. Birds sung, the sun shone down, the breeze which was present was warm and welcoming. But as soon as they entered Mirkwood there was nothing but silence and tension. The thing which had also decided to call this place home, along with the elves, had seemed to start to stir. The lifeless looking trees creaked with an equally lifeless wind. The leaves rustled pathetically and the foliage underneath their feet crunched irritatingly loudly.

Their paces slowed down now that they had entered the woodland, again. Ylva looked to Beorn for guidance here, he had, after all, somehow managed to traverse through the darkened space without crossing paths with anyone or anything. After looking around, he glanced to her and started to walk away. She naturally followed after him and much like himself, picked up her pace. They had somewhere to be after all, though she hated the fact that she was the source of the minor pauses, they couldn't afford to slowly walk to their destination now.

Drawing up close to Beorn, Ylva's eyes flicked over everything that they passed. Things in the shadows seemed to move, or it was just the shadows themselves, she couldn't quite tell. But whatever it was was unnerving her. She wasn't one for becoming nervous, but this place really did set her on edge. Beorn seemed fine, or at least as steadfast as ever, which yet again caused Ylva to let out a short snort. Nothing seemed to affect him, that she knew of. She may have thought that he was perfectly fine with being in this place, but it was far from the truth.

Beorn didn't wish to be here. He didn't want to be here the first time, all those years ago. Nor did he wish to travel anywhere near to the place. Having to come through to find Ylva had taken more than a little pushed courage. He was not afraid, he was cautious. There was nothing worse than walking in such a place which had so many hidden dangers.

Not seeing an attack coming didn't not sit well with him, not that he imagined it'd sit well with anyone, but even still if they were to be suddenly attacked, he'd prefer to see or hear it coming. There were no sounds in this place. Still and silent, thick air and even thicker tree roots to climb and push away. When Ylva suddenly paused, he looked at her with confusion, his eyes moved past her to see what had caught her attention; they were not alone.

Clothed in white and seemingly glowing in such dark surroundings, a figure walked a little way before them. It seemed though that they too hadn't gone unnoticed. Looking over her shoulder, the figure merely smiled lightly at them. It was a strange action to do considering their current position, but with seeing her face Beorn could name her.

Why the Lady Galadriel was here was a question which caused both skin-changers to exchange a look. Neither of them had an answer. Their attention slowly turned from each other to her when she turned and held out a hand. Ylva typically being Ylva tentatively moved forwards. With caution she lifted her head and sniffed at the hand which was held out to her. It was rather obvious though that there was no malice presented in the elf present.

"You come to aid," Galadriel said, her voice calm yet light all at the same time. Her expression did not match her tone for she suddenly looked rather grave. Suspicions of trouble brewing here was something which she was already presently aware of, but things must be bad for both skin-changers to come out of hiding. She didn't need to be a genius to know that it'd probably take a lot to get both of them out of their hideaway refuge.