09

Leaving the safety of their home behind, both Beorn and Ylva set off out to try and find more supplies. It had been quite a while since she had been in the form of a wolf, so for a few moments Ylva just stood there stretching her front limbs and then her hind ones. Shaking her head slowly, she continued to stretch some more only to get suddenly nudged forwards to walk.

Clearly Beorn was growing a little bit impatient with waiting for her. Letting out a whine, she looked at him and then shuffled forwards a few steps, she stopped only to check that he was walking beside her. Once she was content to see that he was, she started forwards in a light trot. The large field which was beyond the stretch of woodland which they had adopted as their home, was bathed in the warm sunlight of the day. Already, even with it being so early in the morning, the sun was beaming down and covering everything in a warm yellow glow. The shin high grass swayed with the gentle breeze which was about.

It was a nice somewhat freeing feeling to have the gentle breeze blow through her fur. Ylva was fully enjoying this. She looked at Beorn with slightly narrowed eyes though, he seemed more alert than usual. She supposed that with the sudden influx of travellers, them walking freely out in the open gave the travellers more opportunity to see them. And from there on it didn't take a genius to know things wouldn't end well. Though in saying that, the sight of a large bear and a slightly large form of a wolf could dissuade anyone from taking action. Fleeing may be about the only action to take.

Having enough of how alert he seemed to be, Ylva rather playfully nudged against him. It was an action which caused a low rumble to come from somewhere. Distracting him for just the slightest moment caused her to feel rather proud. Her moment came to an end though when he repaid the favour and she stumbled slightly. It wasn't his fault. Despite it all, Beorn was actually rather gentle but when in bear form he often forgot momentarily his strength.

He looked her over to make sure he hadn't accidentally harmed her. All this got retorted with was a playful swipe from her. That action got narrowed eyes shot down at her, but Ylva merely rolled her own eyes and fastened up her pace. She was taking the peace and the warmth to enjoy this outing to its fullest. Hearing heavy footsteps behind her she looked over her shoulder to see Beorn running after her. Though his form of running was more like her form of jogging. His steps were so far apart he easily caught up with her. They were approaching the border of Mirkwood, and he had it full in mind to avoid the ruinous remains of the fortress.

Directing Ylva away from the gnarled trees, Beorn stood in the way of her and the tree line. He was trying to find a more suitable part to enter into. He was doubtful though, whether they'd find anything of great use here. Ylva let out a curious sound while easily managing to lower herself to the ground and step past his legs. He stopped and looked down at her, she was peering around his leg at something through the trees. Slowly looking, he too stared, there was something moving through the trees. Every so often it'd stop, lean down and pluck something up before shuffling on its way. It wasn't stealthy, nor was it particularly silent. Even from here both could hear the quiet mutterings of the form. Standing stock still they just watched, and it seemed the sudden silence grew an edge and the form felt it too.

Looking up there was a quiet: "Oh my," before stumbling footsteps crunched down on the leaves.

Ylva stepped out from underneath Beorn and moved forwards, much to his annoyance as he let out a low growl. "Wait!" Ylva pushed herself up onto her legs and placed a hand against the tree nearest to her. "Please," her quiet words stopped the form from fully retreating. She may not have posed much of a threat, but she was rather sure the unmoving bear behind her was. "We don't mean any harm, honestly, we're just...exploring and trying to find some supplies." Ylva explained, a snort came from behind her. She narrowed her eyes over her shoulder at Beorn. "I have to say what we're doing. I don't want it thinking we're here to, I don't know, do some foul deed." Ylva whispered while crossing her arms, Beorn's retort to that was to look away from her and around them. He went back to being alert. Though one thing he was sure of, this form was no elf.