Love at First Sight

"Hey Daddy?" I asked, my stuffed bear in my hands. We sat in the living room on the carpet playing together as we always did. Jordan smiled as I looked into his eyes.

"What is it, Noah?"  He asked smiling. I looked down at my teddy bear and put it in my lap.

"How did you know you were in love with Daddy?"  

Jordan rose and eyebrow, but then he chuckled. "My my. You're such a young lad to be asking such big questions." He ruffled my hair. "But I guess it doesn't hurt." He stood up from the carpet, and stretched. Sitting on the couch, he made room for me, and patted his hand on the open spot. I smiled and sat next to him, eager to hear the story of my two parents. "Well," Jordan sighed, smiling. "How do I start something like this? I guess.... I knew I was in love with your father the moment I saw him." I giggled.

"Is that even possible, Daddy?"

Jordan smiled at me and nodded. "Oh yes, Noah. Very possible. It's something you'll come to know as you get older. Something magical. They call it 'love at first sight.' That's when all you have to do is look at a person one time to know they're the one you want to spend the rest of your life with."

I smiled brightly. "You want to spend the rest of your life with Daddy!" Jordan chuckled again, and reached over, putting me in his lap.

"Of course I do! From the moment I saw him absolutely sucking at soccer and making an absolute fool of himself, I thought to myself, 'Yup, this is the one.'" 

Laughter came up the hallway, and Elliot appeared in the living room and stood behind the couch . "Oh come on. Give me some credit here! I did score a goal." Jordan laughed with him.

"That you did."  He mused, leaning in to kiss his husband. I giggled, suddenly excited.

"Daddy! I wanna find love at first sight too! I wanna be just like you and Daddy!" My two Dad's both looked at me with a sparkle  in their eyes. Elliot reached out and ruffled my hair.

"One day you will, Noah. And even if it's not love at first sight, you'll find someone you truly love."

August broke the kiss after a moment, and looked into my eyes. "Silver." My cheeks felt hot. I was absolutely positive I was as red as a tomato. August still held me close to him. I looked at him. He had a sparkle in his eye. It was something I never thought I'd see in him.

"I-I d-don't u-understand." I whispered. 

August smiled. "Well, Silver. It's only fair that I explain it." He slowly let me go, and sat on the bed, patting the spot next to him. "Alright," He said once I sat down. "To begin, let me clear something up." He chuckled. "It's actually kind of funny, really. See, I rejected you because I had a crush on someone else, right?" I nodded slowly. Where is he going with this?  "That someone else, that I rejected you for? That was Silver. Which is you. I rejected you, because I was in love with you." August laughed at the coincidence. I chucked too. It was funny. 

"How did you find out that I was Silver?" 

August looked at me, still smiling. It was kind of odd for him. Normally, he's all doom and gloom. "That's another funny story. See, you took your phone off silent when we were at the gazebo. So, when I went to answer Silver's-, your-, text messege, it went off a split second after I hit send." He paused. "I found this weird at first, so I sent a few more text messages to test my theory. Finally after like, the fourth time, I was dead certain. I grabbed your phone and turned it on to see, 'Fall' displayed on the screen. I had to be sure I wasn't hallucinating. That my cigarettes weren't laced with drugs or something stupid like that. I turned on your phone, went to your messages, and began scrolling through the, when you walked in." 

I gave him a confused look. "But according to the time you sent, not the last five texts,- but the question. About the headache. That was sent around the time we were with Luka. How did you have time to sent it, let alone hide it from me? And at the school?"

"Okay, the school was just sheer dumb luck that we didn't find out. And as for with Luka, I did more than just stare at the ground." I chuckled. I guess I wa wrong. There was never really anything to be worried about. 

"I have to ask," I said, looking down at the ground. I pulled my legs up on the bed and hugged them. "Why me? I mean, I always figured you would choose Nick. He's smart, strong, good looking, happy...." I loooed away from him. "So really. Why me?"

August sighed and put his cold fingers on my chin and turned me to face him. He was frowning with sincerity. "Because, Noah. You're sweet, caring,  and funny as hell. Sure, your insults need work, but they're adorable." He buckled, which made me blush. "You give a damn when it comes to people who need people who have damns to give." I chucked at the tongue twister. "I mean," August looked into my eye. "Look at all you've accomplished." He smiled. "You had the balls to swear at me, and still care enough for my health. You stuck it to me straight when I insulted you, which I deserved by the way. You hugged Luka after he ranted about his Hell, and oh yeah. When Flynn tripped you that day on the soccer field, you sucked it up instead of crying like a bitch." My eyes widened. So he was by that tree! 

August kept smiling, and grabbed my hand. "You're sensational, Noah. And I was a fucking idiot not to notice it before. The only reason I didn't come up to you sooner, was because I was conflicted between you and Silver. And now that I know they're both you...." I blushed.

"August..." Leaning in close, I wrapped my arms around him, and leaned in, kissing him harder than he had before. August kissed back, pulling me closer to him. The sparks seemed to fly as we kissed. I didn't want anything to change. I wanted to stay right here in this moment.

Suddenly there was a knock on the rim of the door. "Noah dinner is-" August and I sprung apart. My head snapped up, and Nick looked at me with wide eyes. 

"Nick," I panicked. "I can explain."

Nick narrowed his eyes. They seemed to shoot daggers in my direction. "You motherfucker." He accused quietly.