The Final Battle

Wensday, Ocotober 16th, 2018

THE DAY OF THE DEADLINE

Third Person POV

The scene was darker than Noah had remembered. And wetter. His hands trembled as he looked up at the old torn down building. Part of him wondered whether August and Nick were really trapped inside. How do I know this isn't just some trick? Noah thought to himself, the lump in his throat refusing to go away. This whole situation creeped him out. Looking over at Luka, Noah wondered if he was feeling the same thing. With the blank look that took over the blue haired boy's face, it was hard to tell. He didn't want to admit it, but he was afraid. Not just for anyone. For everyone. For Nick and August. For Luka, who had to go with his father. For Holly and Scully, who were currently stationing a group of cops at each of the possible exits.

Noah was scared for his Dads, who had already been through so much of this hell. Noah even felt scared for himself. He'd never been a part of something this big before. After years of being an Outcast, being alone, apart of nothing at all... The one time he's of any importance, he has to save the life of his brother and boyfriend. Noah swallowed. This kind of thing only happened in books and movies, and here it was, happening to him.

"Ready?" Noah asked Luka quietly, turning his head to look at him. He couldn't imagine what his friend must be thinking. He couldn't blame him for any of the emotions he might be experiencing though. Sure, Noah had had to go through huge emotions of his own. He'd had to make the hugest decision of his life. Save one man and sacrifice two or more, or sacrifice one and save many. In a way, it was a no brainer, but in Noah's case, either way would've still made him feel the way he felt at this moment. But despite all that, it was absolutely nothing dompare to what Luka had to feel. The things he had to endure.. Next to him, Luka clenched his fists.

"I don't really have a choice, whether I'm ready or not." His voice was hard. Looking forward at the building again, Noah exhaled. This is it. Pushing away all his nerves, he stepped forward and walked inside the building. It was dark. Barely any light shining through. If it wasn't for the little amount of sun that shown through the door, Noah wouldn't be able to see his hand out in front of him. He looked behind him at Luka, who was walking with his gaze to the ground. Sighing, Noah reached over and took his hand. Luka's head snapped up.

"You're not alone.." Noah mumbled, hoping it was reassuring. Luka didn't say anything as he lowered his head again. He kept his hand laced with Noah's though as they trudged forward, not really sure what to do next. "Hello?" Noah called when they took a few more steps. He tried not to make his tone sound scared. He needed to be brave. Frowning, he tried again. "We're here!" Noah called, looking around. Nothing but absolute darkness.

There was no sign that someone was actually here. Old logs of wood lay to the side of the land. They were almost all complete rotted away. The place smelled of their stench. Bit of glass were scattered on the floor. No doubt left from the demolition or the downfall and abandonment of the building. A draft blew through the building. There was no sound except for the lightness of the boys' breathing.

"Dad!" Luka yelled angerily, gripping Noah's hand tighter. Noah looked at him with a worried look in his eyes. "I'm here, you bastard! So show yourself!" After a few silent ticks, there was still no response. Luka gritted his teeth. "Noah kept his side of the deal! Why don't you c-" Suddenly, two lights turned on. It was at the far end of the room. A large pool of darkness before civilization. Noah cried out when he saw them. They were both tied against a chair, struggling to break free. Tape sealed their mouths shut. Noah tried not to break down in tears. If he did, he wouldn't be able to identify whether they were of sadness or happiness. Everything was happening at once. Behind them, Luka's Dad stood. Walter Frost has one hand on each chair and was grinning.