The Hospital Dickhead

Nick's POV

"Damien!" I exclaimed as he threw a pillow at my face. I grabbed it and tossed it to the side. "I came here so you could help me feel better. Not for you to throw pillows at me and make me feel even worse." Damien groaned, and sprawled out on the floor. Running a hand through his dirty blonde hair, he bit his lip.

"Can you blame me?" He said. "From what you told me, I'm sorry, man, but I'm gonna have to take Noah side on this one." My eyes widened, and I crossed my arms. I don't care if I look like a baby. Damien sat up and adjusted his muscle shirt. "Whether you want to believe it or not, your brother really needs you." He looked up at me. The look behind his eyes was unreadable. "I've been your friend since elementary school, Nick." He cracked his knuckles. "Your brother has always been one hell of a suck up." Damien chuckled. "Noah's always clung to you like glue on paper. Personally, I've never seen how he gets during a panic attack, but can just tell."

I cocked my head to the side. "Tell what?"

"He'd die for you, man." My eyes widened. Damien smiled. "I see it in his eyes every time he's with you. Every time you pass him in the halls, his eyes light up. Every time he's broken down and needing help, he turns to you. He trusts you to help him. And to be honest..." Damien's face turned serious. He stood up, and came over to me, placing his hands on my shoulders. "Noah would perish without you." I looked up at my best friend. He's right you know. A voice inside me counseled. Noah needs you. And you left him. 

"Shit, Damien." I sighed, and pushed him off me gently. I stood up from the couch and straightened my shirt. "As usual, you were right." I looked at him and blew a strand of hair out of my face. "I was an asshole." I put my hands in my pockets, then went over to the door, and slipped on my sneakers. "I'm gonna go visit him..." I mumbled. Damien turned to me, and smiled wide, putting his hands in his hips.

"I'm so proud of you." 

I rolled my eyes with a smile. "Damien, I already have two Dads. Don't be a third... God." Damien laughed, and waved me away.

"Alright, Alright." He chuckled. "I won't try. Now go visit your brother." Laughing myself, I gripped the door handle. "Say hi to Noah for me!" Damien called as I stepped halfway out the door. I nodded. "Have fun now, son." He joked. Groaning, I flipped him off, and slammed the door behind me. 

"Noah Hughes-Goldman." I told the lady at the desk. She nodded, throwing her curly brown hair over her shoulder. She clicked the mouse by her computer, punched in a few numbers, then looked at me.

"Room 217."

Her voice annoyed me. Thanking her, I turned away and headed for Noah's room. I tried not to let my annoyance show too much. After a few seconds of walking, I reached Room 217. I felt a pit of guilt grow in my stomach. They all would hate me. They had a right too. August will never forgive me, DJ will ground me for life, Elliot will be disappointed, and Noah... I exhaled. I wasn't going to know what the consequences were unless I walked in that room and faced my demons. I was just going to have to look Noah in the eyes and tell him how sorry I truly was. I could already see the fires of rage in August's eyes. 

Clenching my fists, I raised a shaky hand up to the doorknob. Was it right to do this? Should I really be here? Swallowing, I turned the handle, and stepped inside. My eyes were on the ground when I entered. I felt everyone's eyes on me. I was too afraid to look up. "S-sorry I-I'm late.." I mumbled, shutting the door behind me. Slowly, I lifted my head. DJ was sitting in a cushioned chair next to Noah's bed. The look in his eyes told me he was upset. Elliot was asleep in a chair against the wall in front of Noah. The television above him displayed some cooking show. Noah was on the bed, tucked snugly under the hospital blankets. His eyes were closed, and his breathing was light. He was asleep. 

Lastly, I turned to August. He was leaned up against the wall between Elliot and Noah. His arms were crossed, his hair in front of his face. The look on his eyes was of pure anger. I knew I was in trouble. DJ cleared his throat and stood up. "I'm just glad you're here." He said quietly. DJ put his hands in his pockets and walked over to me. "Noah just got to sleep. He's been asking to see you." The look in his eyes was stern. Beads of sweat formed on my forehead. August leaned off the wall and stepped towards me. His shoes clapped on the floor. He put his hand on my shoulder roughly, and leaned down to whisper in my ear.

"I need to have a talk with you." His voice was hostile. I nodded slowly. August lifted his head, and lowered his hand, looking at DJ. "Excuse me, Mr. Hughes," August said politely. "Can I take your son outside for a chat?" Jordan crossed his arms, and nodded. August smiled and headed for the door with me following reluctantly behind. I kept close to him until we were both outside. Shutting the door behind me, I look down at the floor again. We didn't speak for several minutes. I could feel August's glare boring into my skull. 

"You're an asshole." He whispered sharply.

My posture quivered. "I-I know."

Suddenly, August's hands were on my shoulders. "Listen here, Nick." He spat. I cringed. "Your brother is the best damn thing that has ever happened to me." He jabbed a finger towards the direction of the hospital door. "And it's your fault he's in there."

"Don't you think I know that?" I shot back, a tear rolling down my eye.

"Why else would you be here?" August questioned. He removed his hands from my shoulders. He exhaled, and narrowed his eyes. "I heard yours and Noah's conversation in your room." My eyes widened. Shit. Shit. Triple Shit.  I opened my mouth to explain myself, but the look on his face make me close it. "Polyamourus relationship, aye?" He chuckled, putting a hand on his chin. "You know, I might have considered it..." August mumbled. My jaw dropped. He frowned. Until you did what you did." He said definitively. "Now I realized that I could never be with the both of you." August turned away from me. "Because I gotta be there for Noah when you're not." He sighed. "Noah is broken, Nick. Whether you want to believe it or not. And I din't know what made him that way, but I'm determined to fix it."

I clenched my jaw. "There's nothing wrong w-"

"Clearly there is!" August shouted, looking at me. "Christ, Nick. You're his brother! Don't tell me you haven't seen the look in his eyes. The pain literally jumps out and screams, 'Hey! Look at me!'" I swallowed. August narrowed his eyes. "I saw that, you bastard." He snapped, stepping forward. He grabbed to fistfuls of my shirt, causing me to cry out in surprise. "What is going on?"

I looked at August with wide eyes, swallowing my fear. "I can't tell you.."

August tightened his grip. "Can't or won't?"

My eyes widened as a delicate hand landed on August shoulder. "He can't." 

_____

Here's Nick's POV. I felt like it was needed to clear up some things like who Damien is. Should I do Luka's POV at some point?

Merry Christmas Eve, My Dudes.

~Sinon