BONUS: What Makes You Unique

A/N: Ash Torin is on the left and Luka Frost is on the right.

Luka wait!"

I ignored Ash as I pushed my way out the school doors, and down the the sidewalk, heading for town. This can't be happening. Please tell me this isn't happening. I sped walk faster and faster, hoping Ash wouldn't have enough speed to catch up with me. My head was scrambled. Why the hell did she do that? I panicked internally. I tried to keep my breathing steady. Why the hell did she kiss me? I ran a hand through my blue hair, exhaling. Suddenly, the sound of footsteps pounded louder and louder as someone got closer. I whipped around just in time for Ash to wrap her arms around me. Losing my balance, and landed roughly on the hard concrete. I groaned as my head met up with the floor. And... instant headache.

"Gotcha!" Ash exclaimed happily. She hugged me tightly, followed by a giggle. "Four years of Track really pays off!" My eyes narrowed in annoyance.

"What is wrong with you?" I snapped, pushing her off me. Ash frowned sadly and got up. I may have pushed her a little harder than I meant to. Standing up, I straightened up my clothes and turned away from her. "What do you want?" I asked sharply. I heard Ash clear her throat.

"I just wanted to know what I did wrong..." She mumbled. I could barely hear her. Ash looked down and scuffed her feet on the sidewalk. "You were so happy when we were talking. and then I went and did it. I'm sorry if the kiss bothered you. I just-"

"Why did you kiss me?" I clenched my fists at my sides. Ash looked at me with wide eyes. Tiring her head away from me, her cheeks turned a light shade of pink. I set my jaw and frowned at her.  "Ashley Naomi Torin. Answer me." Suddenly, the edges of Ash's mouth turned up a bit and she laughed. "I'm not playing games." I deadpanned. "What's so funny?"

"You sound.." She mustered in between laughs. "Like my Mom." My eyes widened in shock.

"I do not sound like a woman."

Ash threw her head back and continued to laugh. "I didn't mean it like that!" She said happily. "I just meant you sound demanding. Now it's even funnier!" I couldn't help it. I smiled a little, and a chuckle escaped my throat. After a few minutes, Ash took a few deep breaths, and stopped laughing. "And... um.. about that reason that I... uh, k-kissed y-you." She fiddled with her short purple hair, looking nervous. I've only known Ash for a few weeks, and I've gotten to know her pretty well. Nice mom, deadbeat dad, a little brother. Her Dad her in counciling for a few years because of her anger issues, -"Even though he needs it more than I do." Ash says-, and after that was done, they moved to a different town to get a fresh start.

Her favorite pastime is reading, her favorite band is AViVA, and her favorite food is pizza. That game of twenty questions we played when we first met was very intriguing. In some ways, I can relate to Ash. We both have deadbeat fathers, we both had mothers, and although I'd never been in counciling, ten years in an alleyway was enough self evaluation for me. I looked at Ash with concerned eyes. She continued to play with her hair, and not look at me. Instead, her gaze was to the ground. I couldn't even see the red diamond tattoo on her cheek, her head hung so low.

I took a silent breath. "We're friends, right?" Ash nodded slowly, still not looking up. Taking a step forward, I put my hands on her shoulders, causing her to look up at me with wide eyes. "You can tell me.." I assured her. "There's no need to be nervous." As if on cue, the pinkness in Ash's cheeks turned redder. I released her shoulders. "Are you sick or something? You're turning red."

Ash's eyes remained wide. "What? No." She shook her head. "I just..." She closed her eyes and exhaled. "Imayormaynothaveacrushonyou."

"Wait, what?"

Suddenly, Ash's face turned serious. "I like you! Alright?" She sighed. "I'm not sick. I'm blushing.." Crossing her arms, Ash turned away from me. "You're an idiot. An adorable freakin' idiot."

It was my turn to have wide eyes. After a few seconds, I avoided looking at her and turned my head. A strand of my blue hair fell in front of my eyes, hiding my scar. Damn.. "Why..?" I whispered. Nobody's told me they loved me since I was with August.. And now... I felt the tears welling up in my eyes. I heard Ash take a few steps forward. Then suddenly, my blue hair was being pushed out of my eyes. I looked over at Ash to see her smiling at me. She pushed her own purple hair behind her ear and gave me a reassuring look.

"Simple." She said. "You accept me." Ash chuckled at herself. "If you haven't noticed, I'm a weird chick. I was bullied at my old school for my love of music. I knew that as soon as I moved here that nothing was going to change, but then you caught me singing in that alley, and bam. Instant change."

I smiled a little. Then the sad truth came crashing into me like a wave. I frowned again. "I'm broken.." I mumbled. "I'm depressed. I use drugs. I drink. You don't want a guy that does that shit. You could have someone so much better.." I put a hand over my scar.

Ash chuckled. "Don't you see, Luka?" She took my hand and moved it away from my face. "I don't want anyone better.. I want you." She laced her hand with mine, and took her other hand and ran it lightly over my scar. I sucked in a breath and flinched, causing her to pull away. After a few seconds, she slowly touched my scar once again. "Don't hide your scar.." Ash whispered. "It's beautiful..." With teary eyes, I looked at her.

"Ash..."

"You shouldn't hide what is part of you." Ash smiled at me. "Your scar is what makes you unique. It may hold bad memories, but you make good memories." She leaned in and kissed my cheek. I let out a surprised gasp. "See?" Ash said, pulling away and smiling at me. "Now every time you see your scar, you'll remember that that's where I kissed you." She giggled. I swallowed and looked into her eyes.
"Ash..." Wrapping an arm around her waist, I pulled her close and placed my lips on hers. It took a moment for the surprise to wear off before she kiss back. After a few seconds, I broke the kiss, and smiled at her as a tear ran down my cheek. "Thank you..."

Ash smiled and reached up, wiping the tear from my cheek.

"Of course."

—-
What do you guys think?
~Sinon