CHAPTER XVI

MELANIE RAN STRAIGHT to the bathroom to puke. Considering she hadn't eaten properly for the past 24 hours and was carrying a human inside of her, she wasn't in the best shape. It was like her prayer had come true, Eleven had come to save the day when they really needed that extra help which none of them could give.

They were all crowded in the kitchen, once again. Confusion and stress lingered in the air. About half an hour had passed and Eleven had made the decision to help close the gate. The rest of the kids along with Melanie and Steve, stayed behind.

Melanie was laid down on the couch, the feeling of nausea coming over her again. She stood up and made her way to the kitchen, only to see all the groceries on the floor.

"What are you doing in there, Mel?" Steve asked curiously as he approached the girl.

She groaned quietly, rubbing her growling stomach. "I haven't eaten for hours, I'm hungry."

"Yeah you're gonna have to hold off on the food for now. Don't open the fridge!"

She questioned as she grasped onto the door handle. "Why shouldn't I open the fridge? I told you I'm hungry."

"Because I said so." Steve answered, pulling her hand away. "But I have a feeling you're gonna do it anyway."

A mischievous smile curled up onto her lips. "Steve I think you're forgetting that's it's my house. This is my fridge."

Melanie swung open the fridge door and what she saw caused her to immediately empty out her stomach onto Steve's feet. Again. Steve yelled and jumped backwards, looking at his shoes and Melanie in horror.

"What the f!!—"

"Shit." She held her mouth and retched, wiping her mouth with the back of her hand.

He cringed, gagging slightly and turning away from the girl. "Oh my god Mel you got all your puke on my shoes?!"

"I-I'm so sorry." Melanie quickly ran off to the bathroom to freshen herself up. She pulled her clothes off and climbed into the shower.

Once she was done in the bathroom, Melanie skipped to her bathroom to get changed. She tied her wet hair in the towel and wore some fresh pyjamas: a matching T-shirt and shorts.

Just as she was about to lay down on her bed, she heard a loud revving of a car which caught her attention. She sped back into her living room and saw Steve was nowhere to be seen and all the kids were lined up by the window.

"Hey... you guys okay? Where's Steve?" She asked, adjusting the towel on the head as she approached them.

Max answered briefly. "He's outside... with Billy."

"Billy?! What the hell is he doing here?" Melanie rushed to the window and saw Steve on the ground and Billy making his way to the front door.

Within seconds, the door burst open and Billy stepped into the house. His face looked like he was ready to murder someone.

"Well well well..." He slowly began walking over to the frightened kids. "Lucas Sinclair. What a surprise. I thought I told you stay away from him Max."

Max stated. "Billy go away!"

"What are you doing in my house?" Melanie pushed the kids back behind her, shielding them from him before confronting Billy. "You have five seconds to get out of my house Billy. You're scaring the kids."

Billy simply laughed as he walked towards them. "Stay out of this Melanie. I'm not here for you."

"If you're not out in ten seconds, I swear to god I'll call the cops on you. Better yet, I'll just call your dad over here... watch him beat some senses into your small minded head." She snapped, pulling Max away from him too.