Chapter Seven

The photo above is the concept art of what you are wearing. Drawn by my lovely sister! I gave her the detailed description of what I imagined and this is pretty much exactly it. MOVING ONWARDS.

Your eyes jump open and your heart pounds in your chest. With your head laying on your arm, you see that your hand is extended outward in a clutched position. You open it slowly, letting the tension release, then close it again. Then you sit up, cloak falling to the sofa's sides. You forgot you are in Chase's house, but it seems the dreams have followed you.

You look around for the Doctor to tell him about your most recent dream, but the house is dead quiet. Then you recalled him saying he was staying with Chase. So you stand up and quietly step up the stairs, and see that ever room's door is shut and the light is off on the inside. At the end of the hallway is a door that has light peering out from an open crack. As you approach it, you begin to hear the soft hum of voices.

You put your face close to the crack of the door and peer in. In your line of sight you see Schneep sitting in a chair in the corner of the room. He is talking to Chase who you assume is laying in the bed you can't see because of the wall of the wardrobe blocks your view. So Chase can't see you, but Schneep might be able to catch a signal from you.

You hear Chase's voice, soft, slow, groggy, and not fully present. And the doctor talks back calmly, you assume trying not to raise a temper out of Chase.

You put your head through the door, and give a small wave to catch Schneep's attention. He faces away from you, but he catches your eye. He then waits for a few seconds, you guess until Chase is looking elsewhere, then gives a small nod to you as if telling you to wait a moment outside and he'll be with you in a second.

You do so, leaving the door open a crack, and walk to the top of the stairs to wait for the doctor.

A minute later he comes out, and you two meet in the center of the hall.

"(y/n), are you alright?" he asks quietly.

"I had the dream again."

"You did?"

"But this time, it was... Different."

He looks at you with worried eyes and thinks for a second before saying as he nods, "I will get my things downstairs." Then he starts off, but you call him with a whisper.

"Schneep." he turns back around. "Should I talk to him?"

He inhales. "Only if you want to. He's a little off-put, but better than yesterday." Then he heads down the stairs.

You then towards the door, debating on whether to go in or not, but you do.

You push the door to go in and quietly step inside. You peek around the corner first to see that Chase is awake, and sits under his covers against the headboard. He looks sleepily down at his hands in his lap, his messy hair just covering his eyes. His hat sits on the table next to the bed, and no bottles or alcoholic beverages are in sight.

Your heart pounds again, you don't know why. There's no threat here, yet some anxiousness dwells within you.

"Hi," you say softly.

He slightly looks up, is quiet for a moment, then says a short, "Hi."

Well, you made it this far, not you don't know what else to say that a simple hello. You didn't really plan this out now did you?

A moment of silence passes as you try to think of what to say next that will rile him up the least.

"How are you feeling?" Okay this is good.