Part 2 A night in hell house chapter 1

May 18, 1931

Simon Wagner sat in the back of a Bentley Rolls Royce.

He was a tall thin man of wavy brown hair and mental medium who was semi famous along the East coast.

Simon had been working with Dr. Harold Rhines at Duke University

Although his girlfriend Grace Lauder had left him recently because he seemed to have no sexual interest in her, he was very excited to be going to the old Belasco house.

Just four months ago Alita Crowder's brother-in-law David, was attempting to renovate the old house and turn into a hotel.

It turns out that Mrs. Crowder's ex-husband I left her the house after his mysterious disappearance.

She wanted nothing to do with the Belasco mansion, so she sold the house for a cheap price to her brother in law David.

David Crowder had only spent 2 days in that house.

On the afternoon of the second day, Mrs. Crowder's husband Jack was delivering his dinner to the old house when he found David lying on the front porch covered in scratches, his clothes were ripped in many places and he was mumbling something about being a ghost in the house.

Today David Crowder is being treated at Castle Rock asylum where he is said to be doing better now.

Professor Ivan Vladimir, who was driving the Rolls Royce, had rented the old house; the place that the locals call "hell house" because of all the carnage that happen there.

Professor Vladimir was the head of the Society of psychical research and was very happy to be able to study a place like hell house.

He was a tall Russian man with thick dark hair and a thick dark beard. He was very intelligent and friendly, but he felt strongly about his beliefs of ghost and the supernatural.

Sitting next to Simon Wagner was Dr Alexander Melrose, he was a man a bright brown hair and very smart.

However he disliked spiritual beliefs since he was a man of science, but he agreed to leave his home town of Boston to work at Hell House since he was being offered a lot of money. His wife Helena was hurt in a car crash and Dr. Melrose used most of his money to pay for her hospital bills. Now he was behind on his rent and he needed the money.

The Society of psychical research felt they needed a physicist in order to provide a scientific point of you to the study of Hell House.

Sitting in the passenger seat next to Professor Vladimir was a well-known physical medium who had worked with Dr Cooper at Stanford University.

Her name was Vivian Benton, she was a very attractive woman with long dark curly hair and a very slim body.

Vivian had not investigated a real haunted house before, all of her sessions were under controlled conditions at the university.

However she was short on money and she was over a month to do on her rent at her apartment, so she need the money that the Society of psychical research was paying her.

The rolls-royce drove down the old dirt road onto a gravel road heading towards the place known as hell house.

The rolls-royce finally reached an old gate.

Professor Vladimir stepped out of the driver's seat and pulled an old rusty key out of his pocket.

He unlocked the gate and pushed it open.

"We are here everyone. " he said as he climbed back into the driver's seat.

The rolls-royce drove about a half a mile down the road after I passed through the gate.

Hell house with a large Victorian mansion that resembled a castle.

Simon stepped out of the car and stared at the house for a second.

He had the feeling that the house was staring at him.

The house was made of red and dark grey stone.

"Why are the windows bricked up?" asked Vivian as she climbed out of the car.

" Belasco claimed that the atmosphere of the fog around here cause the plague in the house." said professor Vladimir

Dr Melrose climbed out of the car, "I'm sure it's just harmless energy here." He said, "After all there are no such things as ghosts."

Simon turned away from Dr Melrose angrily, "That dolt! He really doesn't believe in spirit from beyond. Well this place is going to make a believer out of him, I'm sure of it." Simon whispered himself.