1.4K 43 54

zach could feel the sweat beads forming on his forehead, he could feel his palms getting sweaty, his cheeks heating up, his heart pounding..

he was so nervous.

it wasn't that he was afraid of rejection. no, he was sure she'd say yes.. it was that he hadn't really planned out what he'd say.

his stupid ass thought it would be cute if he came up with everything on the spot. ami enjoyed it when he was spontaneous so he thought she'd like it.

not until tonight did he realise how scary it is. he wasn't sure how he was going to say it. zach wasn't the type to plan anything. when he asked her to be his girlfriend, it, too, was completely unplanned.

he kind of just blurted it out...

*december 25, 2018*

"ami?"

"whatttt?"

"gosh i just wanted to give you your present, i guess you don't want it, i'll just give it to-"

"no, no.. i still want it."

"materialistic bitch."

"narcissistic asshole."

"touche." he laughed, "just follow me, the roof deck's pretty at night."

"okay, okay."

the pair climbed out his bedroom window since they were both spending the holidays in texas. the weather wasn't particularly cold, either, it was just right.

up on the roof, zach had a blanket and box set up for ami. inside the box was her gift— a record player.

she had gone on and on about wanting one for a very long time. so he thought he'd finally get it for her.

"oh my gosh, zach." she said, putting her hand over her mouth, as she opened the box, "you didn't."

"i did. you always talk about these, it was getting annoying."

"fuck," she cursed, hugging her best friend, i wish it was more, "you asshole, i already saved up for this, thank you, though."

"hey do you wanna be my girlfriend?"

"what?" ami asked, not really processing his question.

"will you be my girlfriend?"

"oh my god, and you're not just messing with me?"

"no, i promise i'm not."

"holy fucking shit, herron, of course i'll be your girlfriend!"

"FINALLY!" they heard a voice say from underneath them, "you have no clue how long we've been trying to get you two together."

"ryan?" she asked

"yeah?"

"play some fortnite."

"okay, okay i'll leave you disgusting people alone because you're obviously gonna make out."

"ryan!" zach shouted.

after a few moments.. that was what happened. they made out, best christmas ever, for both of them.

*july 2022*

"hey uh ami?"

"yeah?"

"have i ever told you how much i love you?"

"uhm i'm not sure. but i'd love to hear it."

"well, if you look at the sky, to the moon and back isn't nearly as much as i love you."

"zach, that doesn't make sense."

"i did drop out of highschool." he laughed. this was the moment.

he dropped on his knee and took out the box.

"holy shit, zach, if this is a prank i'm breaking up with you."

"ami, i have heard your story, i have looked past your nonexistent flaws. i have stayed with  you, through everything we've been through. we have been together 4 years and i still haven't got my highschool diploma, despite this, you're still here. beautiful as ever and more importantly, right in front of me. clearly you aren't going anywhere so i thought i'd make it official. ami kim, will you marry me?"

"zachary, i swear-"

"ami, do you want to marry me or not? because i spent a fuck ton of money on this ring and trip so if you do-"

"zach, yes."

the end.

-

written december 26, 2018

-

a/n: sorry this is rly shitty but i've kinda lost motovation for this story sO yEeT

thank you GLDCM_ for the idea for the last 2 chapters, i rly appreciate it!!

owo this is the end of their journey i hope you enjoyed the story! i'm sorry to cut it short, i js had no idea where the story was going sO uH yEa

bye!

xx jac