Chapter 11

Zane was the first to wake up that Saturday morning and as the only one who could make a decent meal he decided that he'd help himself to Coles kitchen, whipping up a batch of pancakes for the sleeping teens. As he got up to make his way upstairs he surveyed the rest of the ninja, Kai sprawled out on one of the couches while Nya slept neatly on the other. Lloyd was curled up in the large recliner looking rather comfy and warm while Cole was still asleep on his air mattress. Jay had long since abandoned his though, and was now sharing with Cole. The bed Jay used to inhadiate lied empty and lonely. Zane smiled and pulled out his phone quickly taking a picture of the two sleeping together. After he succeeded in the future blackmail he quietly headed upstairs.

Once he was in the kitchen he started to dig out supplies and ingredients, mixing up pancake batter from a recipe he had memorized.

---

Cole woke up to find his arms were wrapped around Jay. He quickly pulled away as a blush manifested on his face. The sudden movement caused Jay to stir awake. "Good morning." Jay smiled, the situation not in the least bit odd to him. After all, the two had shared beds before and been in even more closer and awkwarder situations.

"Heh.. good morning.." Cole smiled, he looked down, deep in thought before looking back up to the messy haired boy in front of him.

"Jay? I-"

"I smell pancakes!" Nya yelled, causing the smaller boy to jump. Cole looked around realizing Zane was gone.

"Zane must have started cooking breakfast."

"Ohh I hope he made blueberry pancakes!" Jay yelled, clapping his hands together.

The rest of the group had gotten up to charge to the kitchen and Jay took notice of this.

"Come on Cole, they're gonna eat them all!!" Jay shouted, pulling Cole up by his hand and dragging him to the stairs.

Cole chuckled and let Jay pull him to the kitchen.

Jay proceeded to drown his pancakes in maple syrup as the group ate, everyone chatting to each other about random things. "Id like you all to know that I failed my math test." Kai announced out of the blue.

"Congrats, you're dumb." Nya said in a monotone voice, looking over at her brother with a unimpressed face. Kai retaliated by throwing a piece of strawberry at her. She easily dodged it and it ended up on the floor. Zane made a mental note to pick it up later since he knew none of the others would remember.

"Hey we should go to the park." Nya suggested, shoving her last piece of pancake into her mouth.

--

The group of six friends made their way to the park, Jay tripping multiple times on the cracked sidewalk, and Kai video taping Jays clumsiness until Nya smacked him upside the head. He was never a man of high morals. They made it to the park and Jay automatically ran to the monkey bars, quickly climbing up it and hanging upside down from one of the bars. "Guys check me out! Ninja skills!" Jay yelled, his shirt falling dangerously close to covering his face.

Cole blushed and looked away from Jays exposed chest. Cole turned to Lloyd and spoke, "betcha 20 dollars he's going to fall within a minute."

"Alright, but he's a ninja, he definitely has more balance then-" Lloyd replied right before the two of them watched Jay slip and face plant into the sand below.

Cole smirked and held out his hand, Lloyd grumbled and dug into his pocket, pulling out a crumpled bill and dumping it into Coles open palm.

---

As the rest of the group was busy Kai and Nya met up to complete their plan. Kai pulled out a bag of empty water balloons from his pocket and handed them to Nya.

--

"You sure you're ok, you totally face planted." Cole chuckled to Jay after having just checking up to see if he was alright.

"You mean landed gracefully!" Jay corrected, dusting off the remaining sand on his face.

"Right-" Cole jumped as Jay screamed when a water ballon connected to his face, throwing his hands up in time to block it- not stoping the water from covering him through. Cole turned to see Kai and Nya standing with water balloons, Nya's floating around her and Kai holding them in his arms.

"We challenge you all to a duel!" Kai yelled so all the ninja could hear, while also some innocent bystanders.

"Teams of two, may the best team win!" Nya shouted, the Sibling then ran off to their own station while leaving two large buckets of water balloons. Jay and Cole looked to each other and nodded, racing to grab a bucket. Once Cole picked it up the two made there way to the jungle gym for their fortress.

"No one would dare come near our kingdom!" Jay grinned at Cole, bouncing a water ballon in his hand.

"Or they shall receive a punishment worse then death!" Cole yelled throwing a fist up in the air.

"Being moderately cold and uncomfortable." Jay added, downplaying their whole dramatic scene.

---

Zane and Lloyd were joined together in the other side of the park, camouflaged in the thick bushes of the surrounding forest.

"So Zane, how good is your throwing accuracy?" Lloyd asked bored, slumped against a tree and keeping an eye out for any of his friends.

"A ninety two percent. Yours is a seventeen percent." Zane answered.

"Hey, I'm practicing!" Lloyd pouted, crossing his arms.

"It appears that the practicing is only making it worse." Zane said, a slight teasing smile on his face.