Chapter 20 (rewrite)

*warning: harsh words and slurs are used in the first section of this chapter*

Sorry for the redo of the chapter, I didn't really like the ending much and decided to rewrite it. The next chapter is still in the works. (Also thank god for rps or I'd have no motivation to write.. my brain only works in rps so this is inspired from an rp I was in and I basically just copy and pasted what I wrote in it)

When Cole entered his house that evening it wasn't exactly a great time.

"Cole. Care to explain why you haven't been attending dance class?" Cole turned his attention to his father, closing the front door that he had just entered through.

"Oh.. you found out.." Cole muttered. He knew that his father would find out eventually.

"Cole you can't keep missing practices. This is your future career we're talking about."

"Yes father." Cole said. His father failing to realize that maybe Cole didn't want a career as a dancer/singer. But that option was of course out of the question.

"I just can't believe how irresponsible you're being." His father scolded.

"..." Cole stood silent. It was best not to argue when his father was like this.

"What is this?" His father asked, noticing the rainbow doodles on his arm.

"So what are you a f*g now too?" That one word made Coles entire body freeze. He felt like his chest had dropped and that he was sinking. He hated that word. His heart raced and he couldn't say anything, so he ran. As quickly as he could he ran up to his room, away from his father and away from that word.

Once he was in his room he pulled out his phone and called the one person he trusted the most.

"Hey Cole what's up?" Jay greeted, answering Coles call.

"Do you want to go do something? I just... I don't want to be at home right now." Cole said slowly, trying to calm down.

"Sure. I'll meet you at the halfway point?" Jay said. The halfway point was a specific spot that they had calculated to be the exact middle between each of their houses.

"Ok thanks." Cole sighed in relief. He really needed a distraction from everything.

"Why are you thanking me? I like hanging out with you." Jay smiled. He could tell something was bothering Cole.

---

Lou knocked on Cole door.
"Look Cole-" he said, opening Coles door. He stoped when he realized Cole wasn't there.

----
Cole stood around waiting for Jay, focusing his attention on the ground in front of him, sticking his hands into his pocket.
"So got any plans on what to do?" Cole asked as he saw Jay arrive.

"One. Follow me."Jay said, walking off with Cole following him.
He lead Cole to a grassy hill, overlooking the sunset. "Isn't it beautiful?" Jay asked, looking off into the distance and plopping down on the ground. Cole sat down next to him, his heart beating fast. This moment was absolutely perfect, a perfect cliche place to confess your love.

"Jay.. I need to tell you something.." Cole sighed, glancing over at the lightning boy.

"Yeah what's up?"  Jay smiled. Cole paused. Was he really going to do it? Was he going to tell his best friend he loved him? He couldn't. There was no way. Cole wasn't brave enough for this- Kai was wrong about him. Cole shook the thoughts from his head.

"I... I really like you." Cole said, throwing everything on the table. This was it. Time to see how Jay actually felt.

"Haha I like you too bud! You're my best friend." Jay grinned, punching Coles shoulder. Well, maybe Cole had to spell it out a bit more clearly.

"No I mean- I.. I'm in love with you." Cole stated, looking down to the ground, not being able to look at Jay anymore.

"..... wha-" Jay sat in shocked silence.

"I just- I just really needed to tell you that. It's ok if you don't feel the same way- I just.. I hope I didn't just completely ruin our friendship." Cole explained, covering his face with his hands. He was so stupid- why did he tell Jay his secret?- why'd he have to ruin things?-

Jay stood silent. As much as he tried to speak his mouth didn't let him.

"Cole." Jay managed to say, keeping completely still. Cole quickly stood up, getting ready to run.

"Cole wait! I- uh... I just I- I don't know what to say.." Jay stuttered, standing up with Cole.  Jay cringed at his own stuttering- the thing he had tried to get rid of for years that always plagued him. Cole turned on his heel and started to speed walk away.

"Will you just stop for two seconds!" Jay yelled, chasing after him.

"I'm sorry Jay." Cole muttered, moving faster now.

"Cole you're my best friend!" Jay blurted out. "I-I can't picture living a day without you.." Jays voice broke and his stuttering worsened. "Cole my biggest fear is- is losing you! I- i don't know what I'd do if you were gone.." tears threatened to run down Jays cheeks.

"What do you mean?" Cole stopped. Did this mean Jay liked him back?

"Cole.. I love you.. I-I'm just scared- I mean why do you even like me!? I'm.. well me!" Jay spoke, grabbing a hold of Coles hand. Jays eyes focused to the ground as his mind raced. Jay didn't deserve Cole! Jay was just a stuttering dumb junkyard boy! Why.. why would someone as amazing as Cole like him? "I.. I'm scared I'm not enough for you."

Cole shook his head, a happy smile spreading across his face as the tears rushed down. "Jay you're amazing! You're funny and smart and you're perfect!" Cole smiled. "You're more then enough for me."

That did it. Jay let out the most awkwardest laugh that only Jay could manage to do as tears rushed down his face. Cole pulled Jay closer, not being able to help himself as he kissed Jay. Jays face was now completely red as he melted into the kiss,