Chapter 16

Cole opened his eyes to see Charlie in front of him. "Good morning sleeping beauty!" Charlie smiled.

"What? I..." Cole looked around, realizing he was still tied up.

"So we caught your friends. It was fairly easy. Now we're just waiting on the blue one." He hummed.

"Why do you tell me all this? Wouldn't it be easier to just leave me in the dark?" Cole asked plainly, questioning the potential- scratch that- definitely psycho person.

"It's fun to see your reaction. Plus I need to find out what makes you tick." He grinned. Yup definitely psycho.

"I have a sense you care a lot about the blue ninja. You seem most upset when I talk about his compared to anyone else." He continued, his gaze not leaving Cole.

Cole glared at him "If you hurt Jay!-" he started to yell.

"Ah, so I was right."

"I sent my best assassin to find the blue ninja; Jay you called him? Anyways, it would be unreasonable to say he'll end up without any injuries."

Cole stayed quiet, completely sick and tired of this annoying villain in front of him.

"Anyways, nice talk! Talk to you later." Charlie said in a sing song voice and skipped away.

---

Jay gasped and fell back, quickly hiding from the intruder as he looked for a weapon to fight back with. The intruder had already found him though and made their way after the ninja. Jay moved backwards, keeping his eyes on the criminal and trying his best to summon his lightning powers. His attempts were futile as instead he ran into his couch and fell.

The intruder stood next to him, but instead of hurting him they held out an empty hand to Jay. "Follow." They said softly. Jays head started to spin, a splitting headache washing over him and he couldn't stop himself from grabbing the strangers hand. 'This is a good idea' he though to himself as the stranger helped him up. Jay let them lead the way, not wanting to let go of their hand.

---

Charlie sat in a chair in the security camera room, looking over the multiple monitors in front of him as he hummed to himself, swirling in the chair. "You need anything?" A security guard asked, obviously tired of his boss.

"Nope. Just bored." Charlie sighed. "I wish something interesting would happen. And as if a higher power could hear him an alarm started to sound.