Chapter 22

It was a sunny Saturday morning and the whole team was at the beach. It was Nya's clever idea to go since the boys- mainly Jay-
Were complaining all of the morning about how hot it was.

Nya stood in the water, having a water fight with Lloyd. It was a bit of an unfair fight considering nya could direct the water effortlessly but Lloyd didn't seem to mind.

Kai was curled up under an umbrella, and Zane was building a sand castle.

Meanwhile Jay and Cole sat far enough away from the group to where they wouldn't overhear the couples conversation.
"So should we tell them we're dating?- I mean I'm probably going end up blurting it out anyways but if you want it to be a secret I can try." Jay said, glancing over at his other teammates. He laced his hands together nervously.

"I..."  Cole paused. If he was being honest he didn't really know if he was comfortable coming out yet. Sure, he knew all his friends were accepting, but his dad finding out was what scared him. "Can I torment Kai first?" He asked with a mischievous smile on his face.

"Sounds good. How can I help?" Jay grinned.

-----

"Hey Cole." Kai greeted, walking by him as Cole sat on the beach alone.

"Don't ask me if I've confessed to Jay yet." Cole spoke up. Kai was about to argue but stoped, realizing that Cole was onto his plan.

"You've been so annoying I don't think I'll ever tell him now." Cole said. He stood up, dusting the sand off of himself and walking away. Cole wasn't a great actor but it fooled Kai.

"What no!" Kai cried out.

"Thanks a lot Kai." Cole told him sarcastically as he left the spikey haired boy alone. Kai stood in a panic before quickly yelling out.

"Zane I need your help!" He rushed towards the nindroid who was building his sandcastle. Zane looked up at the worried Kai and before he could say anything Kai began talking.

"Jay and Cole are obviously destined to be together. I need you to help me get them together."

"Kai you shouldn't go messing around in people love life." Zane scolded, looking up from the sand tower he was working on.

"Zane please!" Kai begged. Zane stared at him for a moment before sighing. He dug into his pocket and pulled out his phone. He showed Kai the screen and looked away.

"All I have is this picture." He said, the screen showing a picture of Jay and Cole cuddled up asleep. It was picture from the sleepover.

"Thanks!" Kai yelled happily, taking Zanes phone and running off.

"....." Zane sighed and went back to building his sandcastle.

———————

Jay glanced at his phone to see a message from Kai, followed with a picture.
[Bet u wish this was always ;)] Jay rolled his eyes and looked at the picture, his shoulders tensing as he saw himself and Cole, snuggled up close and fast asleep. "How'd he-" Jay said out loud, drawing the attention to the raven haired boy who sat next to him.

"How'd who?" He asked, leaning closer to Jay. Jay showed Cole his screen

"Does he know? Like that we're dating?" Jay asked worriedly. And how on earth did he get that picture?!

"Nah, he's not that smart." Cole retorted with a chuckle. Jay simply responded by looking away. Cole frowned slightly, he was definitely gonna get Kai back for that.