Chapter 2: Meeting

"You ready kiddo?" Shawn asks as he walks into my room where I'm packing the last few things I needed. "Yeah, I think so" I breathe out looking around my room, trying to see if I'm forgetting anything. "I think I'm good" I say after a few minutes, turning to grab my suitcase, he nods and walks downstairs where my parents are waiting for us. My mom already has tears down her face and I roll my eyes as I drop my suitcase before walking over to her and pulling her into a hug. "Be good okay?" She says as we pull away, I purse my lips together and nod. I give my dad a small smile and a slight nod before going to pick up my suitcase. "I'll be in the car in a sec" Shawn says "Okay" I breathe out walking out of the house and towards Shawn's car.

I open the trunk and place my suitcase in it before facing my house. I take a deep breath and think about everything that happened in it. All the good memories and the bad, I didn't think I'd be leaving this place so soon but if I have to be honest I'm glad I am, as all the bad memories overshadow the good ones. Shawn walks out with my parents following behind but they stop at the door frame. I climb into the passenger seat whilst Shawn climbs into the driver seat, we both put our seat belts on before he starts the engine and drives off the drive in, to the road.

"Will it be your first time in New York?" Shawn asks conversationally. "Yeah" I reply keeping my gaze onto the road. "I'm sure Maya won't have a problem showing you around, I mean if you want to" I furrow my brows turning to look at him "Maya?" I question, I thought Riley was the one who'd be showing me around. Who's Maya?

"Oh she's my daughter" he explains "I adopted her" he adds making me nod "How old is she?" I asks curiously "She's not much younger than you. She's only sixteen but she's going to turn seventeen in a few months".

"A year" I shrug.

The rest of the car ride continues with simple conversation Shawn tries to keep up to avoid an awkward silence, which I'm kind of thankful for. We arrive at Greenwhich around 5 and I couldn't be happier the drive is over. I didn't have lunch before leaving so I'm starving.

Shawn kills the engine of his car before we both climb out. I grab my suitcase before following him up to his apartment. He unlocks his front door before opening it and letting me in, the smell of food is hard to miss making me even hungrier than I already am. "Girls" Shawn shouts whilst removing his jacket, seconds later a blonde woman walks into the foyer with a smile. "Hi" she smiles walking over to us, "Josh this is my wife, Katie" he introduces. "Hi, it's nice to meet you" I smile giving her a slight nod.

The sound of footsteps walking towards us causes me to turn around, and as soon as my eyes lay on the gorgeous blonde my heart skips a beat and all the air leaves my lungs. She seems to be shocked as well because she stopped walking and is looking at me with wide eyes. "Josh, this is my daughter Maya" Shawn smiles walking over to Maya.

"Hi" I breathe out unsure of what else I should do. "Hey" she smiles making my heart jump as her breathtaking blue eyes lock on mine. Gosh she is gorgeous. "Now that we've all done introduction how about some diner?" Katie suggest making me glance at her.

"That sound lovely" I smile following her into the kitchen.

~🏍~

A soft knock sounds at my door making me look up from the dresser I was putting away my clothes in. "Yes?" I answer making it open as Shawn walks in, "Could I speak with you?" He asks politely making me nod. He walks into my room and closes the door behind himself before putting his hands in his pocket and glancing around the room.

"I hope your fine staying in this room" He says pulling out the desk chair and taking a seat as I lean against the dresser. Sure the room is smaller than what I was used to but it wasn't horrible, although I apparently have to share a bathroom with Maya.

"Yeah, It's no problem at all" he nods pursing his lips together before taking a deep breath. "Look, Josh, I was a kid like you which is why I'm going to tell you this" he starts as I furrow my brows. "As long as you are under my roof, you're going to have to follow some rules. I don't mind you going out to parties and I want you to feel free and comfortable around here but what Katie and I will not tolerate is throwing away your education, sure school sucks but I'd really appreciated if you did try. We'd also hate for Maya to get influenced by you, she's also been through enough and I'd hate that she started acting out because you showed up and messed with her head or because you involved her in any of your bad decisions" I bite my bottom lip and nod.

"Is that all?" I question crossing my arms across my chest, "Yeah" he breathe out, standing up, "I know you're a good kid Josh, don't mess up you're new start" Shawn smiles patting my shoulder.

"I'll try not to" I reply simply, he nods and leaves my room. Once my door is shut I let out a breath of relief but my hands form a fist, I tighten my fingers feeling my nails dig into my palms.

~🏍~

"So how is he?" Riley asks immediately as our phones connect making me chuckle. "He's alright" I admit "He's certainly not bad looking" I add thinking about his sparkling blue eyes. Why did they sparkle so much? Everytime I looked at his eyes I couldn't get over them.

"Ew that's my Uncle" she says making me roll my eyes. "Trust me Riles you'll see him tomorrow at school" I argue "And anyways I'm not interested I have Mason" I remind her. "How is he feeling about Josh living with you?" Riley asks curiously making me shrug. "He doesn't really care, he knows I'm not the type of girl who cheats, so he really has nothing to worry about" I answer honestly.

Mason Tom McCoy. Seventeen year old, light brown haired boy with green eyes and cute faint freckles on his nose and slightly on his cheek. Smart, amazing looking and also my boyfriend. We'd been dating for almost 5 months and he's been the best since we started seeing each other.

"How are you and Lucas anyways?" I ask changing the subject.

~🏍~

"Ugh" I groan deciding I've had enough. I sit up and run my fingers through my hair, getting even more annoyed when my fingers get tangled in knots. No matter how hard I tried I couldn't sleep, I tried every sleeping position you could think of, I tried setting up a scenario in my mind but nothing.

I climb out of bed thinking that maybe some milk will help me fall asleep. I skip down the stairs to the kitchen but stop in my tracks when I find Josh sitting on the counter, scrolling through his phone as he eats Oreos with a glass of milk next to him.

I walk up to the fridge, I'm halfway there when Josh notices me, he furrows  his brows but I ignore him and pull open the fridge, retrieving the cartoon of milk. He reaches the cupboard above his head and hands me a glass, I shoot him a smile and grab it from his hand.

"Why are you up?" He finally asks watching me take a sip of my milk. I shrug "Can't really sleep" I answer "You?".

"Same" he replies simply. "Oreo?" He asks handing me an Oreo. "Why not?" I sigh grabbing it before popping it into my mouth. "Why are you really here?" I ask bluntly taking him aback, "I don't really think it's your business" he says crossing his arms across his chest, I nod "I guess I'm just curious". He rolls his eyes and jumps down standing in front of me. Damn he's tall. Why do I have to be so short as well?

"Why don't you mind your own fucking business and I'll mind mine. I might be living with you but that doesn't mean we're going to be friends" he snips before turning around and walking away leaving me stunned.

________________________________
If you liked this chapter make sure to vote and comment down below your thoughts and opinions,

Or...

Enjoy not being in school!

-Mel❤