EPILOGUE

Time to say goodbye...

Life is full of ups and downs. Mine mostly involved downs but that's because I let it be, I didn't fight, I just gave up and let it beat me to the ground. That was until I met a special blonde, one that stole my heart completely out of the blue.

It's been about 4 months since the accident happened and let me tell you something, these four months have been quite a rollercoaster. During the first one, I took care of Maya 24/7, helping her get healthy again and getting her whatever she wanted to make her feel better. When the second month arrived, she was almost back to normal and that's where I got quite an earful of her yelling at me. She did warn me back at the hospital that she wouldn't let me get away with what happened and I'm glad she didn't, I deserved it. However it's not exactly fun when your girlfriend decides to punish you by not speaking to you for more than 2 weeks to and I quote "Teach you a lesson". It was horrible and it felt like she didn't exactly love me at that point, but Maya being the angel she is always slipped a note under my door before going to bed saying "I still love you" and that's what kept me going. Still I couldn't help but feel a little jealous that she was spending more time with my niece than me but I learned my lesson and I'd do it over and over again just to relive our reunion. Let's just say it it was quite a heated night.

The third month was just Maya and I rebuilding our relationship, slightly starting over to strengthen our trust in each other and our bond. It was refreshing to say the least. Fourth month was study month, the time of the year students love the most, especially when you're graduating like me. Luckily I had Maya by my side, helping me with the stress I was feeling and I feel like if it wasn't for her I wouldn't of graduated. Now that is another day I'll never forget, my graduation. Everyone was there, including my parents. The way they were smiling at me, complimenting me ever 2 minutes about how proud they are and how they knew I could always do it, of course all the attention was nice but I made sure to constantly remind them that all of this, the person I became today was because of Maya. The way she was looking at me when I got my diploma, that's what I'll always remember. The way her smile reached to her eyes, unable to contain her happiness and excitement to see me graduate. Her eyes sparkling with joy and love, a few tears rolling down her cheek, proud of the person her boyfriend became. I'd do anything to make her look at me like that again.

Now here we are back in Philly to celebrate, it was my idea to get the family all together for the first few weeks of summer and I couldn't of loved my idea more. I got to show my girlfriend around where I grew up, I got to relieve some moments with my brothers as well as Shawn and for once I felt happy to be back home.

"Woooo!" Maya yells, tightening her grip around my waist as I go a little faster making chuckle. At first she wasn't exactly excited to go on my motorcycle, she kept thinking about all the accidents that could've ended my life and thought it wasn't a good idea to go back on. Of course I assured her that the only reason I got into accidents was because I was drunk or high, so after assuring her that it was completely safe and she had nothing to worry about, she finally climbed on. From the way she's yelling and giggling it's obvious that she is more than enjoying herself.

Today is a special day, it's my best friend's birthday and Maya and I's 6 months anniversary. I still can't believe we've been together for half a year, we've been through so much that it feels like she's been in my life for longer. Since today is a really important day for me, I decided to do something I never thought I'd be able to do.

Once we arrive, I turn off the engine of the bike, letting Maya climb off before I do. We take off our helmets and I make sure to take the keys before facing my girlfriend. "You sure you're okay doing this?" She asks worriedly making me smile, "I need closure, I never got it before and I think that's part of the reason everything went south. I'll be fine, you're here with me after all" I say caressing her cheek making her her lean against my hand. "And I'll always be with you" she promises making my heart skip a beat. I lean down and peck her lips before taking her hand and leading her inside the cemetery.