I: First day

-Dream's POV-

"Nightmare, wake up! We're gonna be late for school!", I said, shaking my older brother. Annoyed, I walked to my room. It was his own problem, not mine. I looked on my alarm clock. He had ten minutes to eat, dress up, pack all his stuff and get to school.

I left the house, leaving Nightmare home. He had to deal with it himself, I was not going to be late on the first day of school. Yes, it was the first day ever for me on this school. You see, Nightmare got suspended from the last school. So what did that mean? We had to go to a whole new school, make new friends, probably get suspended again- my brother, not me.

I sighed. Well, let's try to not get to addicted to anyone, ok?, I told myself as I walked into the school; Esterton High.

A woman, probably a teacher stood in the hallway, saying things like: "Welcome back!", or: "Hope you had a good vacation!"

It honestly looked a bit pathetic. Everyone was talking with eachother, so they didn't even hear the woman. I bet she got paid to do that.

I was looking to the woman while walking, and didn't see the person running towards me. They obviously didn't see me too, because we bumped into eachother. I landed on the cold floor of the hallways, rubbing my head. "Oh, sorry, are you okay?", the person asked and I looked up to them.

It was a skeleton, just like me. He wore a black shirt, with brown sleeves. Brown shorts, brown shoes, and a scarf. A blue vest was hanging around his middle. One of his pinpricks was blue and the other a yellow star. He stood up and began to collect his books that were all scattered over the floor. "I'm Ink. Sorry that I ran into you, I was a little distracted." "My name's Dream.", I said.

I saw his notebook on the floor, so I decided to give it to the so called Ink. As I picked the notebook up, I saw a drawing of a skeleton. His eyes were blue stars and he had a big smile plastered on his face. A blue bow was around his neck. He seemed to like the color blue.

I looked at Ink and saw he was almost done. It wouldn't hurt to skim through the notebook, would it? Curious, I turned the page. There was a drawing of another skeleton there. The skeleton was blackboned and seemed to be glitching. 'Error' signs all over his body. Blue tear marks were beneath his eyesockets and his yellow teeth were visible. I turned another page and saw the same skeleton. A yellow blush covered his face and a heart was drawn next to his head

Apparently, Ink was done and saw me with his notebook. He snatched it out of my hand as a rainbow coloured blush covered his face. "Uh, sorry, you were not supposed to see that.", he said, obviously flustered. "I should get going.", Ink said quickly, before running off.

I made it to the classroom just in time. After I introduced myself, the teacher told me to sit down somewhere. There wasn't much choice, the only free seat was next to a skeleton. I remembered seeing him in Ink's notebook. It was the skeleton with the blue bow. He waved enthusiastic.

"Hey! I'm Blueberry, but you can call me Blue!", he notified. "And you are?" "Oh- oh uh Dream.", I answered him. Hopefully, Nightmare behaved.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Welcome to this new (and much better) book!

First: Apologies for my bad English. I'm an okay writer in Dutch, but when it comes to English.. nah. But you can only learn something by doing it, am I right?

Second: I hope you guys enjoy this book. I'm a bit busy lately, I don't know how it works where you (reader(s)) live, but here in the Netherlands we have something called toetsweek/testsweek. It's basically a week where you have 2 or more tests every day. So I have to study if I want to get good grades.

That's all for now, see'ya

-Tiger-