Chapter One - Home For The Holidays

The days seemed to go by fast, the Starkids hadn't done a new show in the last year and they were starting to get flustered. They had been dying to do a new show and kept bugging Nick and Matt Lang to start working on one, but one never seemed to come to mind. Through all the ideas they've ever created, none of them seemed to work at this time, they weren't inspired.

For the past three months, Nick had decided to avoid the topic of a new show and decided to instead embark on an idea of them all coming together for Christmas.

"Are we sure we can handle having all of them over for one night?" Nick asked uncertainly to his brother as the fixed the couch coshins.

"Come on, Nick," he chuckled setting a blanket across the arm of the couch, "It's Christmas, it's a time for family, and they're all family."

"I know you're right, Matt..." He sighed, "It's just--" he stopped fixing the pillows for the 6th time.

"What is it?" Matt sighed, concerned. He grabbed his wrist and sat him down on the couch, "Why are you so uncertain about them coming over?"

"Matt... we haven't worked on a new show in so long..." He sighed again, "I want us all to hang out and not worry about a new show."

"I understand." Matt gave a small smile to his brother, "But it'll be okay."

"I know..." Nick smiled to him, "I know."

__

"Come on, it's not that hard to pack... quickly." Joey laughed at his new roomate.

"Hey, we don't have to be at the airport till one so, I can wait." He scoffed, slumping on their couch.

"Joe, it's ten, you need to get ready." Joey laughed, "We're going back home to Michigan! You don't want to go?" He sounded excited and Joe was tired of him bringing up the trip.

"Don't get me wrong, I do, it's just such a terrible flight from San Luis Obispo."

After a month or so in LA, Joey and Joe decided to venture more into California... a small town called San Luis Obispo. From it's small downtown shopping centers to it's 20 minute drive to Pismo Beach, they loved it there.

"We're flying from LAX." Joey laughed.

"Yeah, but that's three flights with all the layovers." He rolled his eyes.

"Walker, it's not that bad."

He looked up to his friend with an encouraging smile, "Fine, but you better have gum for me."

__

"Man, I really missed home." Joe sighed.

"Moses, you've been in Michigan for the past two weeks and you've said that every day... for the past two weeks." Brian laughed.

Joe and the driver of the car joined into the laughter too, "I'm just glad we didn't have to fly, I hate planes..." Meredith sighed.

"You think they're going to close these streets tonight? The snow is picking up..." Brian said uncertainly.

"Maybe... I hope everyone flying in isn't having any problems." Meredith said.

"Holden, who are you seeing this Christmas?" Moses asked.

"My mom and dad, Meredith and her family are joining us too." He smiled.

"I can't wait to spend the day with them." Meredith smiled to Brian, "what about you, Joe?"

"Just my mom." He shurgged, "and of course, all of you guys."

A moment of silence passed in the car before Joe spoke up again, "You think Nick made any new plans for the next show?"