Chapter 2

Despite what many may say or think about Jotunheim, no one could deny it's beauty. Land land was covered in frost bitten, snowy forests. Not many citizens had the courage to go into the dark woods, not knowing what was inside but they royal family loved it. Especially the youngest of the three princes, Loki Laufeyson. He can often be found strolling through the forest with his twelve foot wolf, Fenrir. I gift from his father, to make sure he was always safe.

Jotunheim can be a scary place. The citizens ranged from 10-20 feet tall, scaring many of the smaller species my their tough exterior. The land was also ridden with dangerous monsters, but the thing that scared intruders the most was the royal family. The king Laufey and his wife Fárbauti and their three sons. Their eldest Býleistr, their second born Helblindi, and finally their youngest, Loki.

Býleistr is the eldest and the strongest. He was powerful and ruthless but he loved the strongest. To enemies he was cruel and torturous but his people knew that he would protect them with all of his might, until his last breath. He had a passion for fighting but he never wished to become king, he prayed to become the high general in their army.

Helblindi is the second born, he wasn't known for anything rather astounding about him. Not his strength or beauty but his aura, it radiates calm. Sets people at ease, his passion was unknown. Whether he had one or not wasn't known to anyone except his younger bother, he cherishes Loki with everything he has. He likes to rebel, be unpredictable but his younger brother always knows how to calm him own and predict his next move.

And Loki, the youngest. His beauty was known around the land, said to be incomparable. He is the first and only submissive male ever born into the royal family. He has an amazing skill in magic and has a wonderful artistic imagination, he loves to venture deep into the woods and care pictures into the trees. Sometime he spindles ice into lacy webs, decorating the castle with splendid sparkling lace. But to everyone but his family, he is a gorgeous mystery barely seem outside the castle.

The royal family of Asgard was much the same, they had their king and queen. Odin and Frigga, then their two children, Thor and Hela.

Hela has an insatiable thirst to concur, to win. She thrives is chaos and death, that is what she's the goddess after all. Her passion? Fighting, she loves to spar and come out on top. You could say it's her anchor, it keeps her from lashing out in pure anger.

Thor was the opposite, raised surrounded my his mothers love whereas his sister pushed all affection away. He was kind and nurturing, many mistook him as a warrior, by his over demeanor but they are wrong. He has an odd passion of gardening, he gets it from his mother. He loves to spend day after day watching her tend to the beautiful flowers that surround their kingdoms, it's his safe haven and everyone needs one those.

These kingdoms were in constant battle, a battle of who was better. Blood form both people flowed free, innocent lives taken. In a fight of greed between two men, tension pulled families apart until one day King Laufey decided to make a change. 

Loki sat outside, in the royal garden below his fathers office, sobbing. The warriors had come back today but not all of them, so there he sat tears flowing down his face and dropping to the ground in beautiful ice crystal's. He mourned for warriors that he didn't know, but died to protect his kingdom, under his fathers order. Fenrir lay a few feet away, not knowing how to help ease his pain but to just be there for him. 

Laufey glanced out his window from planning his next attack with his eldest, to see his little Loki crying. His heart ached, knowing he was the cause of his suffering. Loki came to his office and threw himself into his father arms, in hysterics.

"Stop! Just stop! Please, to- to many have died! This has gone to far! Please, I beg of you father, brother make it stop." He glanced at his eldest, re-thinking all of the effort and lives lost in the war, did he really want to win this war? To loose any more of his people, because of his greed and pride.

"I don't want to mourn anymore." Loki said, his bright red doe eyes staring at his father, tears welling in the corners.

"Loki, I- you're right. Enough lives have been lost, what shall we do know?" Loki looked up at his father in joy, he hugged his as tightly as he could.

"A truce would be most efficient, I can arrange that." Býleistr supplied, staring in pity at his younger brother. The royal family would be lying if they said none of them had a soft spot for Loki, because they all did and when Loki cried, it hit them full force.

"Thank you! Thank you!"

And so it was done, a truce would be made, no more fear or pain. Maybe the past could be forgotten, a new era of people who thrived in joy and love. Loki prayed that night, to anyone who would listen. His heart aching heart may finally have a break to mend itself, he knew that his fathers next move was to send his brothers into battle and if he lost them. All would be lost, his heart would never mend, his tears would never stop. His kingdom would plunge into darkness, as he would himself.

But he did not hope for any kingdom to come out on top, he only wished to continue living the way he was this his kingdom and family intact. Nothing could shatter that hope, not even his brother's warning words that things may not turn out the way he expects. But he's okay with that, as long as they turn out better, for everyone. They have hit rock bottom, now the only place left to go is up.