Chapter 3

Loki wrapped himself in fine silks that draped elegantly around his petite figure and place his crown of ice atop his head the morning he woke in preparation, his father had stayed true to his word and the truce had been solidified. The royal family of Asgard would stay a week in our Jotunheim, then the royal family of Jotunheim would stay a week in Asgard. To form trust between each other, but the two kings had met up privately and devised a plan that would benefit both of them. 

The plan was for the youngest of each family to wed, Thor and Loki. Laufey was planning on crowning Loki as the next ruler and if he became Queen Thor would be his King and rule by his side, which please Odin as Thor was not the Heir of his kingdom. They set up a date, on the sixth lunar cycle the families would meet and so they did.

"Good morning, Mother, Father, Brothers." Loki greeted, taking his seat at breakfast between his brother who were much taller than him. Fenrir following happily behind him.

"Good morning little Loki, how was your sleep?"

"It was pleasant Father, as I hope yours was?" He nodded, smiling.

"Indeed." The rest of Loki's family were draped in silks as well, fur hanging around their waists and shoulders. Crowns spindled from ice sat on each head, every one different from the last.

"Are you happy little brother? You've shed no more tears?" He smiled to his brother, reaching over to hold his hand.

"No more, it is time for a new age. An age where both kingdoms shall be able to prosper in peace." His family hummed in agreement, Loki had always seen sense especially when his family didn't. He didn't care for war or politics, but for they safety and lives of the people. That's what made Laufey think of him as the best candidate to rule, knowing his other sons didn't want to throne.

"I agree, is everyone prepared?" His mother asked, looking to each of her children who nodded back to her.

"We shall be meeting them at the border. Býleistr, Hel, Loki, I would feel better if you three stayed here and worked a little more on your training. I" They nodded, this may be a truce but it could also be an elaborate ruse to take over their kingdom.

Together the family finished their breakfast and prepared to meet the Odinson's, Býleistr laced his throwing knives around his waist and leg, Hel placed his twin swords on his back. The bothers went to the training rooms of the palace while Fenrir trotted close to Laufey under Loki's request.

The Odinson's were already there, waiting nervously for them. Frigga gulped in terror at the giant wolf but was surprised as Laufey turned to the wolf and said, "Go find little Loki." And galloped off happily.

"Odin, welcome to Jotunheim." Laufey announced loudly, nodding in greeting.

"This is my wife, Fárbauti. My sons Býleistr, Helblindi and Loki are at the palace."

"This is my wife, Frigga, my daughter Hela and my son, Thor. It is nice to meet all of you, I wish the best of this truce." Laufey placed a hand on his wife's back happily.

"As do we, follow us and we'll give you a tour of the palace." Laufey swiftly turned and began to walk, both families following behind him. They soon reached the palace, it was tall and made of ice that seemed to sparkle.

"You have a beautiful home." Frigga said with a kind smile.

"Why thank you, I'm sure your going to love the inside even more." Loki's mother, Fárbauti, said smiling brightly to Frigga, who smiled back in excitement. They stepped out of the cold and into the large entryway, a young girl around sixteen with blue skin and brown hair appeared next to them.

"Welcome back you majesty's." She said politely, taking the fur shawl from the queen's shoulders.

"Thank you, will you go fetch the prince's?" Laufey asked earning a nod.

"We shall be in the dining hall, please escort them there." She nodded once again before scurrying off down the long halls, presumably to where the prince's were.

Laufey and his wife, led Odin's family down a hall to the left that led into an extravagant dining hall. A fire place burned harshly at the end of the hall, flooding the room with warmth. Beautiful icy webs hung elegantly across the ceiling, hanging down to the table. Two guards stood by the door, no emotion displayed on their faces.

"Those are beautiful."

"My youngest son, Loki, has quite the knack for it. He loves to hang them everywhere, you can find more throughout the palace and the woods." Then the girl came back into the room, Býleistr and Helblindi following behind her.

"Where is Loki?" Laufey asked, standing from his seated position.

"He was not in the training rooms sire, I couldn't find him anywhere." Laufey sighed and pointed to the two guards, a worried expression on his face.

"You two, don't come back until you find him." They nodded rushing out of the room, he turned to his sons.

"You haven't seen him?" Hel shook his head.

"No father, we train in different rooms so his magic doesn't hurt us. We haven't seen him since you left."

"Who was on Loki watch last?" Býleistr asked, glancing at his individual family members.

"Loki watch?" Odin echoed in confusion.

"I apologize Odin, my son has quite the reputation for getting himself in trouble. He is much smaller than us, around your height actually." Odin and his family looked very surprised at that, glancing to his other sons to confirm their gigantic heights. After minutes of waiting and tense discussions about tightening the guards with Loki, the door opened and the guards marched in Loki flowing in behind him.

Thor froze at Loki's beauty. He had beautiful icy blue skin that matched the queen, black hair that draped in curls down his back, his eyes were wide and a bright  glowing red. Loki had soft feminine features and a very feminine body, Loki was the most beautiful person he had ever laid his eyes on. Loki blushed, walking to his father.

"I didn't mean to worry you, I went for a walk with Fenrir when he came back." His father nodded, lifting Loki up into his embrace.

"Fear not little Loki, we always worry about you." Loki laughed as Laufey set him down, in between his brother who both placed an arm around him.

"Son's this is Odin, Frigga and their two children Thor and Hela." Loki curtsied, while his brothers bowed in greeting.

"It's a pleasure to meet all of you." Býleistr said, Loki moving to stand slightly behind his brothers towering height.

"Indeed." Helblindi agreed, holding Loki's hand. Loki himself was feeling quite frightened, he is used to having people much taller than him around but they were all his family. They would never harm him, these people were the enemies until three days ago.

"Why don't we all sit down for lunch together?" Laufey asked, sensing his child's discomfort. Laufey took his seat at the head of the table,Fárbauti to his right and Loki to his left, next to Loki was Býleistr and next Fárbauti to was Hel. At the opposite end of the table Odin sat at the head, Frigga to his right and Hela to his left. Thor was the odd one out, sitting a seat away from his sister who had an obvious distaste for him.

"Your kingdom is beautiful." Thor complimented just as people began to place different types of foods on the table in front of them, perking Loki's interest.

"You should visit the woods, they're splendid!" Loki gushed happily, falling into easy conversation while munching on an apple.

"Will you take me?" Laufey and Odin shared a look, hopefully the two boys wouldn't be too upset at the arranged marriage. It was to be announced at the end of the week, once both queens had agreed.

"Of course, you highness." He replied formally, smiling to Thor nervously but calmed at Thor's goofy grin. Hela rolled her eyes while Loki's brothers smiled fondly but suspiciously at the two, exchanging a look as well.