Chapter 6

After Laufey left, he lingered by the door. He heard the boy sob, breaking his cold heart, then he fell to the ground from the force of Loki's magic that was released. He gasp as the force of it spred up his spine, he hadn't felt pain like that before. He had faced gifted ones such as Loki, but he had never faced anything as powerful as Loki. He regretted what he had just done, afraid of the way Loki may react.

Hours passed and the two royal families sat, once again, in the ornate dining hall of the Laufey castle.

"Loki has never taken this long to respond to something." Hel protesed as his father denied his request to check of Loki for the third time, he began to become agitated at what his thought was his fathers lack of understanding.

"Let him be."

"Father, I know Loki he's-"

"Hel, enough."

"Just let me ch-"

"Helblindi."

"It will only take a min-"

"I SAID ENOUGH! We all worry about Loki, I don't want to risk upsetting him anymore by ingnoring his request to be alone. Now, please, calm yourself." Hel sighed, knowing his father was probably right. But somthing felt wrong, he felt it. As the tension began to partially dissolve between father and son Fenrir burst through the door, blood disugised by his dark fur but as it began to gather and drip to the ground the families realised what the substance was.

The Laufey family were on their feet within a second, Thor, maybe faster. Laufey and his sons grabbed any weapons closest to them, Thor holding his hand out for his hammer in the same manner. No words were shared but the men rushed out of the room leaving the rest of the families to gape. The queen was frozed starring at the deep-blood staining the floor, the fear that the blood may belong to her youngest son threatening to devour her.

Tears gathered in the corner of her eyes, before they fell he wiped them away. Her face turning sharp and cold.

"Gaurds! Send a search party through the woods, follow my husband." People nodded, the sound of orders begin repeated vibraiting through the halls. The Odin family them understood why the women was feared so much, she was a Queen and no one messes with a Queen.

"My apologies but I must join them, the servants will serve dinner for you soon." She said dissmissivly, waving her hand as she began to rush from the room, silk flowing behind her as she did.

"Wait, if our families are to join we wish to help." Freya protested, stading from her place next to her husband. The women shared a look, an immense understanding of the fear, the worry of losing a child flowing between both of the women. 

Fárbauti anf Freya joined hands as they rushed away together, leaving Odin and Hella to stare. Neither of them had ever seem Freya like this, Odin shhok his head stading as he began to follow them. Hella stayed behind, tracing the edge of her goblet with long pale fingers.

Deep in the woods Fenrir came apon Loki's unconcious body once again, Howling to his master that had fallen behind. The harsh footfalls became louder as people pushed through the final trees, Thor in front worried for the man that had managed to steal his heart in such a short time. 

"Loki!" He called in horror rushing to the body, he draped his coat over Loki's body, collecting the small frame into his arms. Fenrir whined at the sight, dropping his snout to the ground.

Gaurds and royalty alike began to rush back to the castle, fear of losing their prince, brother, son and love.