Chapter 7

Freya held Fárbauti's hands as they waiting for the doctor to return with news, Laufey had been to distressed and had to retire to his quarters as did the rest of the people gathered. The doctor wouldn't be finished for hours but a few did remain, the queen's basking in one anothers comfort and Thor, pacing in front of the doors trying not to assume the worst.

Helblindi had stayed for the first few hours, standing stoic against the wall. His mother had noticed his deteriorating hope and insisted that he got some rest, ushering him away much to his annoyance.

Finally the healers stepped out of the room and dispersed, only one staying behind long enough to tell Thor that Loki wishes to see him. Thor gently pushed the door open, hearing it creak as he did so.

Loki lay on a bed far to big for his small size, he was barley a lump under the fur blankets. Thor cautiously stepped closer, feeling as if it was his fault, maybe if Loki liked him more he wouldn't have ran.

"Loki I'm so sorr-" Loki held up a slender hand, silencing Thor.

"No Thor, I am meant to be the one apologizing. I want to make something clear before we go any farther." Thor had never known Loki to be like this but then again he hadn't know Loki very long at all. It still hurt as Thor felt the rejection coming.

"I didn't run because I found out about our betrothal, I ran because my father betraying me like that hurt. I- Well, I still wish to marry you, if you wish to marry me."He finished quietly. To say Thor was shocked was an understatement, but soon his shock was washed away with relief and happiness.

"I would be honored to marry you, Prince Loki." Thor walked closer and sat on the edge of the bed, gasping Loki cold hand in his own larger ones. They exchanged smiled as they sat there, staring at one another. Nothing but relief in their minds.

"Your mother is probably worried, shall I let her in?" Thor question as he heard the clicking of heels outside the door, Loki then heard it as well.

"Actually do you mind helping me up?"

"Are you sure? What did the healers say was wrong with you?"

"I just passed out from exhaustion and dehydration, a few scratches here and there but I am okay." Thor nodded, helping Loki sit and then stand, hold out his arm that Loki thankfully grasped. Using it to steady himself and they began to walk.

Fárbauti nearly burst into tears of relief as she saw her youngest walking towards her, she rushed over and began to frett over his condition. Practically collecting the child into her arms and rocking him. Thor stood by his mother  few feet away, just watching the two.

"I trust all is well?" She asked, looking towards her son, who had the ghost of a smile lingering on his face.

"Indeed and it will be even better once Loki and I are wed." He stated simply, watching his betrothed blush and squirm under the attention.

"You are going through with the weeding?" Her tone was colored by shock, Thor smiled and turned to face her.

"Loki has managed to steal my heart and as long as he still wants it, it's his." Freya embraced her son, she could have only hoped that her son would find love for himself.

"I can't believe your father would force something like that upon you, you don't have to go through with it little one." Fárbauti assured, coddling the poor boy.

"No mother Thor isn't the issue, I- I actually wish to go through with the wedding. I seem to be falling for Thor." His mother glanced down to make sure he wasn't lying to make his father happy but he wasn't, he was smiling while he watched Thor conversing with his mother.

"That's wonderful Loki!" Both of the mother-son duo's split apart, Thor moving to once again aid Loki with walking while the Queen's rushed to one another sides wedding plans already spilling from their lips.

"Thor, you understand that once you marry me we will rule Jötunheim." Thor nodded smoothly, already having thought it over.

"Will you not miss you home?"

"Of course but a true home isn't a place, it's a people. Once we are wed, you will be my new home. Now do you wish to see the rest of your family?" Loki placed a soft kiss to Thor's cheek.

"If you don't mind."

"Of course not, anything for you love."

"Thank you, Prince Thor." Loki responded using the title while it still lasted.

"Why your welcome, Prince Loki." Thor replied with a wink and together the two made their way through the many halls the Laufey's office and then to his brothers rooms, each person being delighted and happy.

The brothers eyed Thor a bot, preforming a full inspection and questioning his intentions with their brother but come up with nothing but good.

"Treat our brother well."

"Always."