Chapter 5

The next day, Loki woke with a happy feeling over his heart. Everything seemed to look more beautiful than ever. During breakfast Laufey asked to talk to Loki as Odin asked to talk to Thor, privately. Each followed their father in different directions, Laufey led Loki into his bedroom.

"There is something I need to talk to you about, little one."

"Of course father, what is it?" Loki was worried, he hadn't seen his father this on edge since Asgardian soldiers attacked us out of the blue.

"Odin and I believe it would be best if a marriage is to be arranged between Thor and yourself." He stated, gauging Loki's reaction carefully. Loki gasped, placing a hand over his mouth. He turned away from his father, staring out of his window into the snowy trees.

"And If I refuse?" Laufey didn't answer. He didn't answer as his youngest child broke into tears, the child he started the truce over to help stop his sadness. The only thing he could do in that moment was watch, the deal had been made. He is convince that this will be better, for both of the kingdom's.

"If I refuse will the truce be over!?" Loki yelled, turning sharply to face his father. Betrayal laced into his usually soft features, turning them sharp and cold.

"Will it?" He whispered, the tears finally falling. Laufey finally felt the guilt and regret rush through his veins, he reached out to touch Loki.

"Little Loki..."

"No!" He pulled away, wiping tears from his cheeks angrily.

"I wish to be alone." Laufey began to say something but stopped himself, the least he could do was honor Loki's wish for privacy.

Once Laufey had left the door, Loki broke down. To many emotions for him to comprehend, his magic flared out violently smashing anything in it's path, mutilating Loki's bedroom in the process. He stood shakily, quickly tearing the heavy jewelry of access clothing and jumped through his window. Right then, in that moment Loki didn't care, about anything and that didn't matter.

He ran through the woods, jumping over tree roots and using branches to jump onto when the terrain got too rough. His feet ached as he began to slow, his body taking a physical toll. He slumped against a tree, holding his throat as he gulped greedily for air.

He felt as if he was suffocating, but he wasn't. His mind was humming erractically, his vision blurred. His surroundings moulding into darkness, his heart speed up as did his breathing. He was now hyperventilating instead of suffocating, it didn't make him feel any better. It was like the world around him was closing in, suddenly everything was loud and dark.

Back at the palace the two royal families were panicing, Loki should have been back by now and he should have Fenrir with him but he didn't. Loki lay in the snow, barely breathing.