2

{another note but apparently it's sal's birthday today so happy birthday to the little precious blue boi that we all love, he deserves the world. I only put this out today because it's his birthdayyyyy}

Larry was the one who woke up first, which usually wasn't the case as he slept till the early afternoon, but today it was different. It was like his body knew he needed to be awake for when Sally came around from his slumber too.
He got up and walked into the kitchen, forgetting about the half fresh glass of juice, he reached for a cola for himself and then got a fresh water to help Sally with his hangover.  He made his way back juggling the two drinks in his hands.

Pushing the door open with his foot, Larry noticed that Sally was squirming slightly, before letting out a big groan.
"Well finally someone's awake" Larry grumbled, placing the drinks down on the bedside table.
"My head...... fucking hell its banging" Sally said with a crackly voice as he slowly arose from the sheets.
"Do you even remember what happened..." Larry whispered, sitting down next to Sally, watching him adjust to his surroundings.

"Yes I was drunk. Shit.... my face really hurts" Sally grumbled, laying back down before instantly sitting up again.
"You didn't take that mask of yours off sal ! That's why. Your face is going to be so sore dude." Larry questioned before taking a sip of his fizzy drink.
"Oh yeah.... I guess it is the mask" Sally replied in a sad voice, looking down at the floor.
"You can take it off, you know..... your mask" Larry whispered with a hopeful look.
"No, my face is hideous Larry ! Are you serious ? You'd never see me the same again ?!" Sally shouted, turning away slightly from his best Friends view.
"Sally, I couldn't care less about what your face looks like, I care about your bloody well being dude" Larry answered with a soothing tone before cautiously reaching to Sally's mask "can I ?" He gestured.
"I guess so" Sally replied.

Larry instantly reached to the back of Sally's head where the two red straps were placed. He carefully undid the first one before reminding sal;
"You know your face isn't going to change anything"
He then reached for the next strap, undoing it quickly. His fingertips grasped the bottom of the mask as he gently lifted it up and off of Sally's face.
There were deep, red scars marked all over his face, his nose was messed up and it was very obvious that one of his eyes were glass, there wasn't one part of his poor face that wasn't marked up in some type of way. But as far as Larry was concerned, Sally's face was the definition of perfect.

"Sally.... you're so handsome" Larry whispered, blushing a deep red, staring into Sally's eyes, causing a little giggle to escape from Sally's mouth.
"What's so funny eh ?" Larry said jokingly, staring at Sally's happy smile.
"I've never heard someone tell me that before, nor did I ever think someone would" Sally giggled, clapping his hands, but then instantly pulling them back to his head "my head is still fucking killing though" he said, laying back down.
Larry smiled before reaching into his drawer to bring out some painkillers, he hoisted Sally's little body upright and handed him the pack of medicine and the fresh cup of water.
"Take this, you'll feel better" Larry whispered in Sally's ear as he watched Sally out down the glass and swallowed the pills whole.
"You're fucking weird for doing that though" Larry laughed, getting a playful punch in the arm from Sally after.
"Eh, I'm used to it"Sally replied before they sat in awkward silence for a while.

"I'm sorry if I did anything yesterday" Sally murmured, looking away from Larry and putting the drink on the floor.
"You did quite a lot of things sal, but it's okay, I wouldn't expect any better if you were drunk" Larry laughed, also earning a little giggle from Sally.
"What exactly did I do ?" Sally whispered, preparing himself for the worst.
"You were rolling around crying on the roof, you hit me, you then continued to kick and hit me while I carried you to my place and then forced me to cuddle you all through the night" Larry said, watching Sally's little face go bright red with embarrassment.
"And did you ?" Sally whispered.
"Did I What ?" Larry answered.
"Well d-did you cuddle me ?" Sally asked nervously.

"Of course, you were to adamant about it for me not to" Larry lied.
Sally's face got brighter then before as he looked away and whispered a slow "sorry Larry"
"Sal it's okay, would it make you feel better if I said I enjoyed it ?" Larry answered, watching Sally smile and nod in response.
"Good. Because I really did" Larry said playfully.
Sally smiled but then looked away from Larry, everything he had done yesterday was rushing back to him. He realised this moment with Larry was something he'd probably never get again, and that started to ruin him.
"Dude ? Do you need some air, we can go out to the tree house if you want" Larry asked, thinking that Sally was starting to feel unwell.
"Yeah, if that's alright" Sally said bluntly.

Larry shot out of the bed and waited for Sally, who was still struggling to put his mask on.
"Need help?" Larry teased, watching Sally groan in response.
Larry laughed a deep laugh as he attached the two dark red straps around, he then turned back to Sally.
"There we go, perfect" Larry said, having Sally smile under his mask.
The two put on their coats and trudged outside.

It was a cold, crisp morning in the middle of winter and Sally was shaking, he was so little his body couldn't take much of anything. He wasn't going to complain about it but Larry still saw that he was struggling, so he gently wrapped his arm around Sally's waist, pulling him closer and blowing out the cold air from his mouth watching it fly out like smoke.

Reaching the steps to the treehouse, Larry gestured for Sal to go first, then he too climbed up the rickety steps. Sally was once again already sat down, his knees up to his chest but instead of hands around his pigtails, he had his hands wrapped around his knees.
"Larry, I'm really sorry about yesterday. I shouldn't put my mess on you" Sally murmured, looking deep into larrys dark hazel eyes.
"Dude, I want you to put your mess on me. Truth be told, I like you... like a lot sal and I want to be there for you" Larry blurted out quickly, realising his friend wouldn't like what he just said. Sally smiled under his mask, he wished Larry could see how happy he was, but he wouldn't dare take that mask off on the outside world.

"Larry....." Sally whispered, lifting his mask up a little to kiss Larry's lips slightly before pulling himself off "I've got to go home now I think, my dads probably getting worried." Sally lied, he got up quickly and ran down the tree house all the way back inside.
Larry frowned, if Sally ran away because he didn't like it, then why did he kiss him. He was confused. He lowered his head in his hands and sighed.