Part 5

Chapter 5

Hiccup didn't know how it happened but it happened. One day he was having a mini-heart attack over his LSATs, the next month he got the Harvard acceptance letter. While his parents wanted him to follow in their footsteps and Gobber was sad that he was leaving the garage they all helped him pack his stuff into the moving van. Hiccup's red mini Cooper just couldn't fit it all.

"Now Hiccup, if you ever need food, clothes or......" Valka started but Hiccup said "Mom I'll be fine.. I can do my own laundry."

"Just remember not to mix anything red with your tidy-whities."

"MOM!" Hiccup blushed as Valka hugged him. Then it was Stoick's turn. It was a little awkward, Stoick trying not to squish Hiccup. "Son, I got something for you." Hiccup's father trailed off before giving him a package. Hiccup accepted it and opened it there only to turn a furious scarlet.

"OH MY GOSH DAD!!" Hiccup shouted as he closed the box so fast. "Condoms!" he whispered as he tried to stave off the blush.

"Well ya are a grown boy." Stoick chuckled. "There was a very good deal on a bumper pack-a hundred and forty-four condoms-for only ten dollars. That should keep you going for a while maybe...We might want grandbabies but not soooo soon. And you need to use pro- DAD!" Hiccup interrupted.

"A hundred and forty-four Stoick? Gobber asked curiously. "I doubt the boy will use them all this semester. Why I remember when I was his age..." Gobber reminisced with a fond smile.

"OH MY THOR!" Hiccup shouted as he pressed his hands over his ears. "LALALALALALA-NOT HEARING THIS!!! LALALALALA"

I'll.... Eh... just go say goodbye to Throk and Cami," Hiccup said as he excused himself. When he got to them both of his friends enveloped him in a bear hug but it was Cami who proceeded to squeeze the air out of him. "Can't.... Breathe... Cam-i....." Hiccup wheezed out as he patted her shoulder.

"If anyone gives you any trouble... you just give me a call and I'll come down there to sock 'em!" Camicazi told him.

"I can handle myself Cami." Hiccup laughed. "Besides shouldn't you be working towards your degree in childcare?"

"Don't you worry!" Cami smirked. "By the time you become a lawyer, I'll be the best darn social worker in Berk... no in the STATE!" She smiled proudly. Hiccup had no doubt that she'd make a great social worker. For all her sneaking around and pants stealing Cami had quite a soft spot for kids.

The ride up to Harvard was actually pretty uneventful except for Toothless getting all huffy in his pet carrier. The black Persian gave an angry hiss when they neared their stop and Hiccup drove into a small pothole.

Hiccup picked up the pet carrier from the car once he stepped out and the moving men were already busy unloading stuff. "Here we are bud. Harvard," Hiccup said as he gazed upon the old style dorm room. Toothless however, just gave a disinterested meow. By the time all his boxes were in the room Toothless was frazzled and decided to duck under his pillow with only his fluffy tail sticking out. Hiccup didn't really know if it was in protest of their moving or just a cat thing. Sometimes Toothless could just be a weirdo.

Hiccup decided to let his cat sulk and instead go to check out the grounds. He was walking out of the dorm and towards one of the courtyards when he saw her. He inwardly cursed. Did Fate have it in for him? Meeting her just as he settled in. Heather had already arrived and she was checking the board with a map of the campus. Hiccup took a deep breath and started walking towards her. 'Come on you can do it!' His mind shouted. 'Just walk on by. Act like you don't see her. Let her notice you! Play hard to get, damnit! Those jeans don't make your behind stand out for nothing!' Hiccup wasn't sure why his inner voice suddenly sounded like Cami but his legs were already moving and he didn't think he could stop them. Hiccup looked the other way, towards the courtyard where students were gathering, as he passed the board. He was nearly homefree when a voice stopped him.