Part 8

Chapter 8

When they were on the first floor of the library Hiccup sputtered as he was still being led. "Guys, really. You didn't need to do that." Hiccup mumbled as the twins each looped an arm around him.

"Nonsense. She was way out of line." Ruffnut said while Tuffnut added "The knight who saved Chicken is definitely no stalker."

The trio was walking awkwardly. Well Hiccup was walking awkwardly. These two reminded him so much of Cami and Throk but they also seemed to be more....... Chaotic.

"Oh my Thor!" someone shouted and broke the silence of the library once more. "He's the guy that's in the hot seat!"

Hiccup turned his head to the left to see a shorter muscular man pointing towards him and the twins. "Snotlout behave!" a redhead at the table they were sitting chastised him. "It's impolite to stare."

"But.... But.... he's the hot seat guy!" Was Snotlout's only excuse.

"If you want to talk to him then go do it!" She muttered while rolling her eyes. The guy named Snotlout got up and then jogged to Hiccup and the twins, stopping them before they reached the exit.

"You are my hero!" He shouted as he looked at Hiccup. Hiccup who had no freaking clue what was going on only mumbled an "Excuse me?"

"You... hotseat... Prof. Queen.... Uhm," Snotlout babbled causing the twins to snigger.

"Hiccup I think there is a little hero worship going on here," Ruffnut laughed.

"What?! Why?!" Hiccup asked. "And what does Professor Queen have to do with it?"

"You don't know..... Oh lord, you don't know?!" Snotlout nearly shrieked and the librarian near them shushed him again. "I mean how can you not know?" The shorter man then turned towards his friends at the table. Another guy was also seated there that Hiccup just now noticed. "Atali, Eret.... He doesn't know!!"

"We already heard ya dingus," The woman, Atali, rolled her eyes. "Now come back here, we have assignments to work out."

"Uhm......" Hiccup mumbled. "Can anyone please explain this all to me?"

"Why don't you join us?" Snotlout then asked. "Or do you already have a study group? Did I mention you are my hero! I'm babbling again aren't I?"

"No... No study group at the moment," Hiccup told the shorter man who seemed very eager. He then turned to the twins. "What about you guys?"

"I like these guys already more than Heather," Tuffnut shrugged.

"I don't mind," Ruffnut said as well.

Once they sat at the table and introduced each other Hiccup asked again "Okay.... What is all this hot seat business?"

The redhead, Atali, leaned forward as if to gossip but they could all hear her. She had this wicked glint in her eye that told them she found this whole situation very amusing. "So..... Professor Queen's first row is called the hot seat. It's sort of a legend now."

"And why is that?" Hiccup asked. He assumed the stories had been told between old alumni before.

"She has a tendency to call more frequently on those sitting in that row. My sister who graduated last year told me that she made this macho dude cry on his first day there. And I'm talking tears and snot nosed."

"Ooooooh," The twins said. "I heard that story," Ruffnut laughed. "The guy confused the definition of litigation with mitigation."

"Professor Queen is pretty strict." The other guy who introduced himself as Eret muttered. "So people avoid that row just so they don't jinx their dreams."