Chapter 1

I quietly laughed as I had successfully scammed another sucker. "What's so funny?" I locked my phone then smiled at him. "Some quality memes. You know I love a good meme here and there, Takeru." I couldn't let him know what I was actually doing. The last thing I needed was for anyone close to me to get involved some way into my private life. "Yu." "Huh?" "I said can I come over today? We really need to finish that project." "Yeah, sure." He smiled then turned in his seat. I cared about Takeru, but sometimes I felt that he was trying hard to get close to me.

I sighed as lunch time had finally come around. It was my favorite time of day as I could relax and see how many more simple minded people I could swindle. My website looked like any other website. The way it went was they pay first and get their items overnight. Sadly for them, they'd never get their purchases and would never be able to track me down. Any and all information is wiped as soon as they confirm their purchase. I was basically swimming in money at this point.

"Takeru, lets go out after school before we head to my place." "Where would we go?" "I want to get some ice cream. I'll pay for yours." "Since you're offering, why not. We have enough time to finish the project." I sighed in satisfaction as he had agreed without questioning it too much. I needed to spend money to make things seem normal. "Is there anything you've been wanting for a while?" "Actually, yeah." He started rattling things off until I told him a price range. "Then let's get that too. After ice cream." He eyed me up and down. "You're really trying to get out doing the project huh?" "Oh no, you caught me." If only that was the case.

____________

I felt my phone buzz then silently chuckled. Another victim. "Hey, come look at this one." I put my phone in my pocket then hurried over to Takeru. Little did I know something had started to brew from that moment on. "I think this one is better." "Yeah. Let's hurry up so we can get started on the project." "Fujiki Yusaku getting excited over a project? Never thought I'd see the day." I playfully shoved him as I paid for the item.

I placed slippers in front of him then hurried to my room to tidy up. I tossed things into drawers as technology littered my floor. That was my second and final mistake. "Yusaku, is it okay if I have some juice?" "Sure!" My room looked better than before. I poked my head out then told him to join me when he finished. "So this is the great Yusaku's room. It's bland like I imagined." I smiled then heard my ringtone. No one besides Takeru and Shoichi should know my phone number. "Is it Shoichi?" "Yeah. Excuse me a moment." I quickly left my apartment and made my way out the building. I answered it before it ended.

"Hello? This is the number for the operator of the onlinedepartment.com website, right?" "No, wrong number." I hung up. I felt uneasy. Someone had found my number. I immediately blocked it and headed back inside. I felt better knowing the number couldn't ever call me back.

"Dude, what happened?" "Turned out to be a prank call." My phone started to ring again. It was another unknown number. I turned off my phone in annoyance. "Let's get started." He seemed as if he wanted to say something. "What is it?" "It's nothing. Here, write this in these spots." He was obviously lying, but I decided not to press further.

____________

Night had fallen as I worked on my laptop to track down who called me earlier. Takeru had long since gone home as we finished the project in no time. My phone dinged and I noticed I had an email from some weird email. I opened it then groaned. It was probably the same person who called. How did things get to this point? I went through my drawers then sighed heavily. I had disconnected wires while putting things away. I reconnected them and confirmed I was untraceable.

I decided to text the person back in order to get them to leave me be. Naturally, I used another phone. The person wouldn't let up. I was getting fed up. I suggested that we meet and settle it that way. Of course I wasn't going to show myself. A part of me couldn't wait to see who the idiot was that honestly believed they were above me.