Chapter 5

I gave the last person a hug then turned to glare at Ryoken. "You earned it." He held my phone out and I felt their eyes on me. I quickly walked out of the room and headed for the entrance. I didn't like being the center of attention. He was making me miserable. I intended to get revenge.

"Hey." I knew this voice and I wasn't in the mood to listen. "Did I make you upset?" I walked away. "I didn't mean to put you on the spot, but I ended up doing so. Here, take it." I turned around then snatched it from him. "I'm going to make your life a living hell." "Hey, calm down. I said I'm sorry." "You've been a thorn in my side ever since I decided to let you try to convince me." "Isn't that how it's supposed to be? Me getting under your skin to get my money back?" I walked away and decided to go home. I'd lose my top if I was around him any longer.

I felt something grab my arm and hold me back. "Don't leave. Your friends threw this for you. The least you could do is hold out. I'll stay away from you." "I'll stay, but not because you told me that." He smiled and I naturally looked away. I hated when he smiled at me. "You can go in first." He let go of my arm and stepped off to the side. "You're weird." "And you're a scammer." I rolled my eyes as I headed back to the front door.

____________

I was thankful to be back at home. He had kept his promise and somehow managed to dispel anything about us knowing each other. I couldn't understand him and that's one thing I didn't like. Not being able to read people stressed me out. It was never too late to block him. Yet every time I think hard about doing it, I never do. What's stopping me? I couldn't figure it out.

I decided to do some background research on him which I should've done in the first place. I clicked away on my computer's screen as window boxes appeared. "Kogami Ryoken...age 19...ah, his school...Matsu University..." I scrolled through more of his information and took note of what could help me in the future. "Let's see some medical records..." Everything seemed normal. "Oh? He's had a few panic attacks..." I was reluctant to do something to cause a panic attack. I could end up killing him. I sighed heavily as there wasn't much I could do. I needed to see for myself what his university looked like. The easiest way was to pretend I was interested in attending next year.

____________

I woke up early the next morning feeling grumpier than usual. I lied back down and felt myself drifting off to sleep again. Just as I was about to drift off, my phone started to ring. I soon got the urge to curse whoever it was out for keeping me from my sleep. I sluggishly answered then frowned at the voice. Did he really not have anything better to do on a Sunday than to harass people? "What do you want?" "My refund." "Just let it go. You're not getting it." "Then you'll repay me in other ways." I scowled at his reply. "Excuse me? Exactly how do you plan to do that?" "I have ways. Goodbye for now." He hung up just like that. He had just ruined my morning. I covered myself with my blanket and hoped to drift back into dream land.

I woke up and felt refreshed. I checked my phone and saw I had messages from both Takeru and Aoi. Even they wouldn't let me live in peace on a Sunday. I ignored their texts as they were probably invitations to something I had little interest in. I turned on my computer then pressed the power button on the monitor. I then opened up my laptop and booted it up as well. I planned to spend the rest of my Sunday developing new codes and finishing up the rest of my homework. It didn't sound like a bad Sunday to me at all.

____________

I stretched out and only then noticed it had gotten dark out. "Where did the time go...?" I couldn't remember the last time I had ate or drank anything. I took the time then decided to fix something while I was out of my zone.

I walked back into my room with a sandwich in hand then peered at the monitor. "I think you'll update fine without my presence." Just as I picked up my phone, Ryoken decided to call. "Is he psychic or something..." I debated on whether to answer or not. I chose not to as he never had anything to say that was worth my time. I expected him to call back, but he didn't. "What is he trying to pull here...?" I hated that I couldn't figure him out.