Chapter 3

The school day had ended and they both wanted me to go out to eat with them. Sometimes having friends is a bother when you'd actually prefer to do something low key. I noticed a crowd of girls by the entrance and wondered what was going on. "Let's check it out." "I really don't-" I was already being dragged over by Aoi.

I couldn't believe it. He was there, standing right before my eyes. Did he not have a job? He noticed me then pushed his way through the crowd of hormonal teenage girls. "Thought you could give me the slip huh?" "Yusaku, you know him?" "No, I don't." I walked around them and headed home. My good mood was ruined because of him. I should've just blocked him when I had the chance. Then it hit me. I could just erase all data about me. It would take hours, but it'd be worth it in the end. "Hey." I walked faster. "Hey!" I broke into a sprint.

I panted heavily as I leaned against a wall for support. Annoying suited him all too well. He was going to be the death of me. "Found you." He looked just as tired as I did. He looked close to collapsing and passing out. I backed away from him then stopped. My conscious had come into the picture. I could easily leave and enjoy not getting held up by him, but also risk leaving him for dead if things aren't okay. On the other hand, he could be fine and manage to get a hold of me or something incriminating. I left him.

____________

I washed my cup then placed it in the strainer. Did I do the right thing? Of course I did. I saved myself from possible imprisonment. What subtly ate at me was the fact that he might've been seriously unwell after such strenuous running. I sighed then walked back to the front door. I may scam people for their money, but I wasn't completely heartless. It annoyed me that I felt things. I wished I couldn't feel a thing. I rounded the corner and saw that he wasn't there. "Guess he was fine after all." I started to turn around then noticed something on the ground farther down.

As I got closer, I started to recognize it. I jogged over to him then felt for a pulse. He was alive. I was aware that I couldn't carry him, so I quietly apologized as I dragged him back to my apartment.

I lied him down on the floor then bustled about. I know what I had just done. I had basically fed myself to the lions by bringing him into my home. I knew I'd end up regretting that I helped him. I switched cloths then slightly panicked as he started to move. Thankfully he hadn't woken up. I was curious as to how he even found my number in the first place. I searched for his phone then proceeded to unlock it with ease. I searched his history, messages, whatever I could find. I checked my site and saw he was still logged in. I checked his inbox then gasped. I had somehow sent my number to him. I hit myself as I made sure to erase any trace of the email.

He started to stir and I quickly placed his phone by his side. "Kid?" "Dumb adult?" He sat up then looked around. "So, two things. One, don't call me dumb adult. I have a name. Two, where is here?" "Well, this is my friend's place. He's out right now. And tell me your name then." He shook his head then rubbed his eyes. "Let's exchange names." "No way. That'll give you more to report." "Then just give me my refund you little punk." I should've left him lying out there. "Get out." "Make me." He was acting childish. I got behind him then pushed him towards the front door. "Now out." "How about this? We exchange names and I won't report you to the police. I'll promise in any way you please."

He seemed genuine. I walked into the kitchen and quickly whipped up a drink. "Drink this." His face showed obvious disgust from its smell and color. Did I really expect him to drink it? I wasn't sure. He'd get sick for sure. "If this is what it takes..." He lifted it to his lips and I quickly swatted it away, spilling the contents on the floor. "Don't. You've shown me enough." He smiled, causing me to look away in disdain. "I'm Ryoken. You?" "Yusaku..." He shook my hand then stood up. "I won't rest until I get my refund." He then left without another word.