Chapter 2

The day to meet the brave soul was upon me. I suddenly didn't want to go anymore. I wasn't scared, I just didn't feel like going out. I stretched out after successfully raking in more money for the day. I convinced myself to go and hopefully silence him. I considered murder, but this pretty face of mine didn't belong in prison.

I arrived at the park then sighed. It was a halfway point between where they and I lived. I sat down on a bench and waited for whoever this person was. Minutes seemed like hours until my phone rang. I answered it and heard the familiar voice. "Are you here yet?" "Yes. What are you wearing?" "Black hoodie, white sneakers." He hung up and I found myself waiting again. "You." I looked up then to the side.

I eyed him up and down in slight awe. He was well built. I hoped things wouldn't get physical between us. "You're just a kid." "And you're a dumb adult." He scoffed then crossed his arms. "I want a refund." "Someone obviously didn't read the fine print." "I-" He went quiet. I laughed then stood up. "I'll pretend this conversation never happened and we'll go about our lives. Now excuse me while I go permanently block you number." He pulled me back by my hood. "I'm not going to let up until I get my refund." I couldn't help but laugh more. "Since you're so determined, I want to see you try." "I can take your picture and report you to the police." "With no evidence? I told you, read the fine print. Nothing about what I'm doing is 'illegal' illegal."

I wanted to go home as I was hungry. "You're hungry?" I had hoped he hadn't heard my stomach growl. "No." "Do you want something? There's a store nearby." I couldn't believe it. Despite me scamming him out of his money, he was willing to buy me food. "Even if you're a bad kid, I can't ignore your physical needs." "I guess since you're treating..." He let my hood go then walked on ahead. "Come on." He was strange, but I wasn't one to pass up free food.

We entered the store and he stood by the counter. "One snack and one drink." I browsed the aisles as he struck up conversation with the clerk. I picked up a snack and a bottle water then walked back over to the counter. "Here's your change." "Thank you." I opened the bag then started to eat as we left. "Now, back to the main problem at hand." I rolled my eyes then stuffed the bag in my pocket before taking off. "Wait!" I was too fast for him.

____________

I lied on my bed like a starfish as I debated on whether I'd block him or not. I was interested in seeing how he'd make me give him his refund. Doing that would also put me in danger of being discovered. I had already done enough damage just by meeting him. I decided to leave things as it is as my life had become somewhat boring. He might be the excitement I need.

"Hello?" "It's Takeru. Are you busy this weekend?" "No, why? Don't you dare take me to another ridiculous art exhibit." "Well now that I know you hate those, it looks like I'll have to change next week's plans." I rolled my eyes as I updated the security on my website. "What's happening this weekend then?" "Ah, it's just some computer technology thing." "I'm coming. My schedule is clear." "I knew you wouldn't say no." He talked a bit longer then hung up. It was things like this that made me happy to have him as a friend. It also made me wonder how he had money for some of the events.

____________

I walked into school and was approached by Aoi. "What is it now?" "Can't I walk my friend to homeroom?" "As if we aren't in the same homeroom." She sighed then lightly bumped my side. "Why so glum?" "It's too early to be alive." I soon had another pest by my side. "Takeru..." "In the flesh." "Can I get to homeroom in peace?" They shook their heads as they pestered me with topics and questions I had no interest in.

My phone buzzed a few times as we sat in homeroom. I discreetly moved away from them to see who it was. "Him again..." I decided to make him a contact and gave him the name "Annoying Dumb Adult". It suited him well. I replied to his messages then had my phone taken just as I had locked it. "Who ya texting?" "Aoi, give it back." "Oh? Who's 'Annoying Dumb Adult'?" I snatched my phone from her hands but didn't give her an answer.