o n e

The day was freezing cold, people walking on the busy streets of Daegu. One specific boy however didn't seem to care. He was happily playing with the snow, talking to his friend that he could only see.

   Kim Taehyung had lived in Daegu since he was 5, and by the age of 7 had gained a cute friendship. When he first tried to introduce him to his family, they couldn't see him.

"Y-Yoonie you believe me right? He's right here, why can't you see him?"

   Yoongi could only hug his younger brother and tell him that he believed him. At the time he was 10 and didn't know how to go about the situation. However he quickly came up with words that soothed the younger instantly.

"I can't see him Taehyungie because he's special. He's your guardian and will protect you. Only you get to see him, got it?"

"Really? Only I can see Ggukie?"

   Taehyung's eyes seemed to sparkle as he was clinging onto his brother's sleeve. He was beyond happy that 'Ggukie' was his protector and that he was special to have the privilege to see him.

"So he'll stay with me forever right Yoonie?"

   He was startled, he wasn't sure if imaginary friends would stay forever but didn't want to disappoint the other.

"He will Taehyungie."

"Come on Ggukie let's go play in the snow!" Taehyung grabbed his friend's hand and led him outside, forgetting to grab a coat.

"Tae you're going to catch a cold!"

"But I'm not cold Ggukie..."

"Aish here," Jeongguk took off his coat and helped the other put it on.

"B-But aren't you going to be cold?"

"If TaeTae gives me a hug I won't be."

   They both giggled as they embraced each other in a warm hug. The young boys soon separated from the hug, eager to play in the snow. Neither noticed how Taehyung's brother watched them- or in his brother's eyes just Taehyung.

   It had been a year since Taehyung tried to introduce him to his friend. He was worried about him keeping around this friend he claimed to have. It had caused problems for Taehyung at school, people making fun of him because he was talking to himself or that he was being weird.

   Yoongi was 11 by now, and Taehyung soon would turn 8. He didn't want the younger to keep up this fantasy of an imaginary friend, he hated seeing people make fun of him. He knew that Taehyung loved his friend's company, but he also knew that it would have to end soon. After all he would eventually grow out of it.

"Happy birthday dear Taehyung, happy birthday to you!"

   Taehyung smiles brightly, his lips blowing out the candles on the his birthday cake. He clapped along with his family while they started passing out the cake.

"Here's your slice Tae."

"Can i get another for Ggukie?"

   His aunt looked at him confused for a moment before realizing. She sighed but complied, not wanting to upset the birthday boy. All of Taehyung's family was there for his birthday, but he only wanted to spend time with his Ggukie.

"Can I feed you Ggukie?"

"No I wanna feed you, your the birthday boy after all."

Taehyung pouted his lips and furrowed his eyebrows, attempting to appear mad, "Ggukie!"

"Fine only because your special and I don't want my TaeTae to be mad at me."