t w o

"Taehyung mom and dad have to talk to you," Yoongi called out to Taehyung. Today was the day they tell him. Everyone was worried on how he would take it, but it's not like they had a choice.

"I'm coming hyungie!"

Taehyung turned to his friend while putting down his toys. "I'll be back Jeonggukie."

The young boy trotted down the stairs down to the living room. There he had found his parents along with his older brother. He took a seat next to his mom, who had patted the spot next to her. Taehyung's questioning gaze turned to look at all three of them wondering what was going on. He had no clue what was awaiting for him.

"W-What?"

His parents sighed looking at the teary boy's eyes. "Taehyung dear, please understand the situation. We tried what we could but your father's job will be moved and there's nothing that we could do."

"Tae listen it could be a good thing. You get a fresh start where no-one can hurt or bother you. Isn't that what you want?"

Taehyung looks at his brother's eyes with his own being blurry. "B-But I don't care what they do to me. I like it here! I like it here with Ggukie I don't want to leave him..."

"Taehyung we have to move because of your father's work, we have no choice. I'm sorry you have to leave your- friend, but we go to Seoul in two days so start packing."

"I-I wish my r-real dad was here Ggukie! I wish we d-didn't have to move to Daegu in the first place!"

Jeongguk sighed as he pulled his friend closer to his chest. Both boys were cuddled against each other on Taehyung's bed. "Don't say that Tae, we would've never met if you and your mom didn't move here. Your dad is resting in a better place now Tae," Jeongguk tried his best to comfort the other.

"I-I don't want to leave you Ggukie...
I don't want to go to Seoul. It's all my step dad's fault."

"No Tae, you've always been grateful to him and he treats you like he's your actual father. Along the way you got a caring step brother right? They accepted you just like you did to them. They love you don't forget that."

Taehyung nodded along all while sniffling and wiping his tears away.

"Y-You'll be there to say goodbye right Ggukie?"

"I will Tae."

Taehyung stuck out his pinky, "Pinky Promise?"

Jeongguk interlocked their small fingers, smiling gently down at Taehyung.

"I promise Tae."

Two days later Taehyung was all packed up. They were leaving in an hour and his family members were saying goodbye to neighbors. However the young boy hadn't been able to leave his room — more like not wanting to. He was pacing from one end of the bedroom to the other. Taehyung was worried.

His friend hadn't visited him since the day he told him he was moving. He didn't know where Jeongguk had gone, but he knew he would have to be here soon. In the end, he did promise he would be here to say a final goodbye.