f i v e

The door bell had rung as Taehyung jolted awake. He had fallen asleep on the couch, his fluffy hair sprawled out and his mouth opened ajar. Quickly he stood up running his slim fingers through his hair as he pulled open the door. The boy's expression quickly became enthusiastic as he jumped onto his older brother.

Yoongi's gummy-like smile was revealed while smiling brightly at the younger one. "I'm so happy you're here hyungie!" Taehyung's giggle was heard throughout the house, he couldn't help his happiness. "Why didn't you answer my calls or come home? I was worried you know," he started scolding him. "I know Tae bear, I'm sorry. But mom and dad came home didn't they?"

Taehyung's frown became visible as he sat down on the couch. "Tae they came home didn't they?"

The younger only sighed as he shook his head 'no' solemnly. "What? They told me they would be here to accompany you while I was gone," Yoongi clenched his teeth in slight anger. This wasn't the first time it happened. "You know how they are Yoongi-hyung. Ever since we moved they became obsessed with their new job and working."

"Yeah but they know you're here by yourself! Especially that I'm not here to care for you."

"I'm 18 now, you can't blame them," Taehyung patted the spot next to him while Yoongi went over to him. "But you don't like staying alone Tae, we both know that."

A small sigh escaped Taehyung's mouth, he didn't want to continue talking about this. He leaned his body into Yoongi's, missing the comfort of his family members. "How's school going?" Yoongi had asked the other while leaning his on him too. "Good. A new student showed, he's nice," Taehyung smiled recalling Jeongguks own smile.

Yoongi only nodded as he tiredly let himself drift into a sleep state, Taehyung following. Both boys were tired, soon enough their eyelids closing. Gentle snores coming from them.

Of course, not all good moments last forever. Yoongi has gotten called form his agency, informing him he had to go back to complete some work. "I'm sorry Taehyungie, I promise I'll be back by tomorrow so you won't be alone." With that being said he had left, again. It's not like Taehyung was afraid of being home alone.

He just liked being with someone. He felt lonely and has always been called lonely either by bullies or people pointing it out to him. But they were right in Taehyung's opinion. As Taehyung was about to leave a knock on the door interrupted him. "Jimin? Hoseok and... Jeongguk? What are you guys doing here?"

"Oh well Yoo- I mean we came to visit and found Jeongguk on the way here."

I guess Yoongi called them to keep me company. Taehyung knew his brother well enough to know the real intentions of his friends as to why they were here. He didn't make any comment on that though.

"Okay, uh well come in," Taehyung was flustered when he realized that Jeongguk had seen him in just a t-shirt with a small pair of shorts. His face visibly had a tinge of pink.
"S-Sorry you have to see me like this Jeogguk..."

"It's alright, no need to be embarrassed Tae."

The older only became a darker shade of red as he excuse himself to change into something more, presentable. When he came back downstairs his friends only embarrassed him some more. "Why'd you change? You've dressed like that around us before."

Jimin's teasing tone caused Hoseok to laugh, knowing well Taehyung's reasoning for changing. He only seemed to laugh more looking over at Taehyung noticing his slight frown and flushed face. A pair of dark eyes looked at Taehyung in amusement. Jeongguk was looking at the other's face, more so studying it while the others were too distracted to notice.

Oh how much I missed you.

Taehyung ran towards the swing set, giggling in excitement while the three other boys watched him. Tuffs of the boy's hair along with the swing. The sight was beautiful in Jeongguk's eyes. "Are you guys just going to stand there and be boring or join in?"
Hoseok and Jimin ran towards the slide in front of the swing set while Jeogguk stood next to Taehyung.

"Push me Jeongguk!"

7 year old Taehyung sat on the squeaking swing, gently pushing himself off the ground. The small boy getting frustrated along the way, not being able to push himself much due to his shortness.  He looked over at his slightly taller friend, smiling as he thought of something.

"Push me Ggukie!"

"Jeongguk?"

The younger smiled unconsciously, thinking of the memories they once shared together. Now he was sure it was just him who remembered. "Nothing Tae, I just remembered something."
He stood straight, no longer leaning on the pole as he walked behind Taehyung. Swiftly he started pushing the swing, Taehyung's hair swaying gently in the wind. The calm aura brought content smiles to both boys.

They wished this moment could last forever. However Jeongguk had many questions on his mind since Taehyung appeared. "Hey Tae?"
"Yeah?" Jeongguk contemplated, he wasn't sure if this question would give him any sort of relief. "How was your childhood like?" He took notice of Taehyung's smile. It warmed his heart seeing such thing, he loved it. "It was, interesting."

"How so?"

"Well I've been through quite some stuff."

"Can I know?"

Taehyung sighed but continued, "I lost my father when I was young, he died from cancer."
His eyes were slightly glossy, but blinked them away. "My mother had found a new love and so we moved. I didn't comprehend anything then, but I'm glad I accepted my new family. I got an older step-brother and father, and I'm happy."

"I don't remember much, but I do know I got bullied a bit then. Afterwards we moved here, I was very upset at the time but I made friends with Jimin and Hoseok. I've always felt a bit lonely, i hardly have friends or even see my family. Other than that it's always been just us since then I guess," Taehyung finished off.

I guess that's why he was upset at lunch, maybe he expecting one of his family members to call. "Oh. Sorry I asked Tae."

Taehyung nodded, looking down at his lap as he pushed himself since Jeongguk had stopped doing it. He doesn't get much time In doing that when his swing abruptly comes to a halt. Confused he looks up to find Jeongguk looking down at him. Taehyung is surprised when the younger hugs him. It sent a sense of familiarity, the scent of the dark haired male calming Taehyung's mind and nerves.

"I mean it, I'm sorry for touching a sensitive topic. If you ever need anything I'll always be here for you Tae."

"Y-You'll be there to say goodbye right  Ggukie?"

"I will Tae."

Taehyung stuck out his pinky, "Pinky Promise?"

Jeongguk interlocked their small fingers, smiling gently down at Taehyung.

"I promise Tae."

"I promised Tae." Jeongguk muttered out quietly as he felt the older nod gently, resting his head between his shoulder and neck.

the ending is near