e p i l o g u e

The beating of his heart was loud against his ears. Blush evident on the elder's face as he stared at Jeongguk, looking away when he met his eyes. "Y-You remember m-me?"
"Y-Yoongi told me about you. He told me I used to have an imaginary friend that id always talk to. He would worry about me. That I was bullied because I would always talk to myself, when really it was y-you I talked to.

As well as why I was upset to leave Daegu was because I had to leave you. That you were my only friend that brought me happiness. Later I remembered completely. From your looks and your name. I-I wasn't sure if it was you b-but I'm guessing it really is you?"

Jeongguk sighed happily, standing and scooping Taehyung up in a tight hug.
"It really is me. I-I remembered you when I first saw you, all this time I was looking for you and when I found you I was so happy. But you didn't remember me at first. I was trying to be subtle, pretending I knew nothing about you when you mean the whole world to me. It was hard knowing you didn't remember that i was in fact your Ggukie."

The two stood, embracing one another when it hit Taehyung. All the questions started flooding his head. Jeongguk pulled back, already knowing all too well Taehyung would have questions in the first place.

"I guess it's my turn to explain everything."

Taehyung nodded, eagerly sitting them back down and turning to Jeongguk facing him. He motioned towards him to continue, preparing himself for what was to come. "Before I became your 'imaginary friend', people used to be able to see me. I was normal. I had friends, and to school, my parents were nice, everything was great."

"On a night I was least expecting, everything changed. My parents and I were going out since I was young then. But it didn't go as planned. There was a crash, it resulted in both my parents dying, I saw it happen because I had lived. However I was dying as well, I was bleeding and was devastated from witnessing it."

"I woke up, and there was a women. I-I know it seems unbelievable but there was and she talked to me, I couldn't see her face the whole time. She told me she was giving me a second chance, if I found someone who was as broken as me at the time and found happiness I would be able to return to my human body. If not I'd always be invisible to people. It was a curse set upon me, but also a second chance. I was just a soul, a ghost you could say.

A-Again I know it seems unreal but that's the only truth Tae. There's no other explanation. After that I lived for a while by myself, wandering the streets. Then I found you. You were only able to see me because you were upset at the time because of the father's death, and I wanted to make you happy. I unconsciously found myself wanting to talk to you a while after you had moved to Daegu."

Jeongguk sighed all while glancing at Tae before continuing. "I remember our first interaction, i had come up to you while you were sitting in your front yard looking up at the sky. You seemed so upset. I-I suppose you know what happens afterwards."

"Why didn't you come when I was leaving? You promised me," Taehyung murmed our sadly.

"I was on my way to see you, but the women who had set the curse appeared. She had told me that I had done it, I had made you happy and fixed you along the way with myself. It was time for me to go back. However it had to be done soon. The process took a while, and by the time I got there it was too late. Your car was driving away. I was upset, I wanted to show you, to tell you, to see me without others thinking I didn't exist.

I'm so sorry Tae, I broke the promise. I was saddened at the time and made it my mission to fix all those years I was 'dead' and finish school to go find you. And I did Tae. I found my Taehyungie."

It was all so hard to believe. Taehyung was trying to process the information. But in the end he believed it. He didn't know how that was possible, he didn't know anything. Only that he has his Ggukie back and that was all that mattered. So with that, he stood up, dropping into Jeongguk's arms. He clutched his jacket, inhaling his scent all while crying.

He unknowingly missed him all this time. That was the one thing his heart ached for. That was all it took to completely fix his lonely aura. He felt complete. And all it took was to find his Ggukie. His imaginary friend.❧

The End.

I suck at endings. To be fair I haven't written in a long time so thought I'd just make this a short story aNd it's my first story on here. (Ive written fan fiction on my insta) Hope you enjoyed either way? xD

Anyways enough with my excuses lol
no-one cares for author notes let's be honest, specially long ones. Ill be leaving now :)