b o n u s + n o t e

Hello! It's been a while since I've checked on this book. I wrote this back in January of 2019? That's kinda crazy to me ngl, but to make this short thank you guys so much for 4K reads! I've decided to make a bonus chapter of how gguk and tae met since there was only a small explanation and I think that deserves more to it. So I hope I still got it, take care of yourselves, and enjoy!

—————————————————————————

"Tae come on, you have to eat dinner. You've been watching t.v. all day!"

The mentioned boy only frowned, crossing his arms, ignoring his mom and continued watching his cartoon. "Taehyung! Come on or you won't get to open the gift dad brought y-," she was interrupted however when Taehyung hopped off the couch and ran to his room. She sighed, sadness clear on her face. She felt her fiancé's arms wrap around her, "He'll come around. Give him some time honey, he's young and he needs time to understand what's happening." Taehyung's mom nodded, "I'll see if I can get Yoon to talk to him tomorrow." The two went to sleep that day, unaware of the boy crying for his dad to come back.

The next day, Taehyung awoke to someone sitting next to him on his bed. "Morning Tae. How are you feeling?" Ten year old Yoongi asked, upset that his soon-to-be-step-brother felt so sad after his birthday was two days ago. He should still be happy, he should still be feeling the rush of excitement any seven year old would because of their birthday.

"What's wrong Taehyungie? Please tell hyung."

Taehyung's eyes clouded over with tears, unable to hold a few back. "I want dad back! Want him back Yoonie! Where did he go? Don't want mom to replace dad with her friend! She said they were friends Yoonie!"

Yoongi sighed. This was hard for him too, but he knew the younger didn't understand the situation well. "TaeTae, she's not replacing your dad okay? I know it seems like it but she's trying to move on okay? You get that? She's finding love Tae, someone to help her and it just so happens to be my dad, and guess what? We're going to be considered brothers when they marry and aren't just friends anymore! Don't you want that? Want to be brothers with hyung?"

Taehyung looked up at Yoongie with wide glossy eyes.

—-

Three years ago his father had died. Taehyung was only four at the time, and didn't understand why one day his dad wouldn't show up. He didn't understand why there were so many people at his home, and why his mom was crying. He kept asking, "Mommy where's daddy? Why's water falling from eyes? Is mommy upset at me?" His mom was devastated, she didn't know how to explain that Taehyung's dad wasn't coming back. So doing the best she could, she cupped the little boy's face and tried not to tear up even more, "You're dad is an angel now, Taehyung."

The next two days they packed and moved to Daegu. There, she met Min Young-Jae and Min Yoongi. Taehyung was only five at the time, and when the four met they all got along. By the time Taehyung was six his mom started dating Young-Jae. Yoongi was old enough then to understand what was going on, but Taehyung didn't really get relationships and was still missing his dad. He was young back then, and didn't get his chance to heal as fast because he didn't know what was happening.

Finally Taehyung reached the age of seven. A while back the two adult had gotten engaged, Yoongi being excited about. He wanted Taehyung to be his brother. The day after his birthday dinner, his mom decided it'd be time to tell him about what was going on. However he didn't take it too well, and now they were here. They didn't realize how Taehyung was still trying to get over his father's death. But don't worry, that's what Min Yoongi was born to do. To get to know the cute young boy and find a way to always cheer him up.

—-

"Your dad is with the angels and the stars, Tae. That's where he is right now."

Taehyung's teary eyes looked up at the ceiling with wide eyes the moment he was engulfed in a tight hug. His eyes slowly fluttered shut, silent tears falling down his face whilst Yoongi kept him wrapped in a tight hug. "So do you Tae bear? Do you want to be hyung's brother?" The only answer he got back was a small, hesitant nod, from the younger boy. That alone, got Yoongi to smile Taehyung's favorite gummy smile.

A while after the waterworks stopped, both kids walked down hand-in-hand to find their parents. One was still wiping their tears while the other squeezed his hand all the way, in a comforting manner. "M-Mom?" Taehyung called out. His mom looked up at him with soft eyes, "Yes sweetheart?"
"I-I'm sorry," Taehyung launched forward towards his mom, hugging her once he saw that her arms were open for him, "I-I just m-missed dad so much! A-And I wanted h-him b-back but forgot t-that he's with a-angels and can't. I felt bad 'cause h-he can't be here to s-see mom no more but then Y-Yoonie said that it's okay 'cause h-he's happy we still get chance t-to have more family and- and-."

He was stopped when his mother stopped him, stroking his hair gently and telling him that it was okay to be sad.

—-

Taehyung sat in his front yard a couple days later. He felt better than he did a couple days ago, and was now starting to get the idea of having another dad. He knew that at least now, his mom wouldn't feel so lonely. Plus the idea of spending time with Yoongi everyday and Young-Jae was helping. He did like them a lot.

He was staring at the sky with many thoughts going through his head. His dad was the main one. He couldn't stop thinking of how he was an angle, and how he wouldn't be able to see him again because of that. He felt sad, because he wanted to see his dad one more time. He pouted, staring up at the sky with small tears prickling at the side of his eyes, "The stars aren't being fair and letting me be an angel to see dad. No fair. Wanna tell him about Jae 'n Yoon 'n say bye."

"The stars?"

Taehyung looked up, wiping his tears away and looking up at the black haired boy in front of him. He didn't want to get caught crying again, his mom would worry and ask why he was still sad about dad. He knew what she told him, but he would still miss him and become upset at random times, thinking about him. His last tears were being shed.

"W-Who are you?" Taehyung shook his head having a second thought, "N-Nevermind. Go 'way mom said not to talk to strangers." The raven haired boy stared at the boy before laughing, sitting down next to Taehyung. "You can hear me?" He asked. A hum of agreement was heard from Taehyung, and after that complete silence. Taehyung was playing with his shoelaces, still unsure on how to tie them while the other stared at him. "What's your name?"

Taehyung looked up to the other staring at him intently. A small blush arose on the apple of his cheeks, not used to talking to many people other than Yoongi. "Um it's Taehyung, b-but everyone calls me Tae. What 'bout yours?" The darker haired boy looked at him with a smile, giggling slightly at the thought that he finally found someone that could see him, "It's Jeongguk." Taehyung smiled, giggling as well, "C-Can I call you Ggukie?" Jeongguk nodded.

Afterwards they stayed quiet, fiddling with their fingers. "So why were you crying TaeTae?"

Taehyung looked over at Ggukie, frowning when he realized why he was out here in the first place. "My dad became angel long time ago, but Tae can't go see him 'cause Tae isn't angel so stars not letting me go see him." The pout on Taehyung's lips was back, and Jeongguk couldn't help but smile at him. He quickly figured what had happened, he had lived through it himself. "B-But Youn-Jae going to be my s-step dad soon so I can't be sad no more."

"It's okay to still miss your real dad Taehyung, nothing's wrong with that. I'm sure your step dad won't care as long as he loves you. Okay?" Taehyung nodded at him. "And you want to know something? One day the stars will let you see your dad again." The two turned to look at each other, a smile gracing over them. "Will TaeTae be my friend?"

Who knew a love story would bloom after that?

Oh wait. The author did.