s e v e n

The cold living room had the four boys on the couch cuddling close to each other. Jeongguk's arm rested on Taehyung's shoulders, crimson coloring the older's checks. Jimin and Hoseok sat close to each other while Yoongi was next to them as well. Their body heat warming one another as they watched a film.

Earlier that evening Taehyung had met up with his friends after Yoongi had told him something he didn't even know about his own past. Taehyung found it impossible to keep Jeonguk off of his mind now, he constantly tried to remember past memories. Which he had. Small glimpses of the past came to him occasionally that day, making it harder for him.

After spending the day with his friends he had invited them to come back to his house to have a movie night, also wanting to just go home and spend time with his older brother. However they could hardly concentrate when it was freezing and Jimin along with Taehyung kept complaining about the weather. "Jeonggukie 'm so cold! How aren't you," Taehyung had pouted.

He was looking at the other with fake anger, he was confused as to how he could be so warm while the rest were freezing. Jeongguk only smiled at the other, internally cooing at him. "I don't got cold easily Tae."

Taehyung had only let out a 'huff' before going back to the movie. He was happy. His brother was home, he had Hoseok and Jimin who never left him and was met with someone he never thought was there before. Now it was time confront him.

Jeongguk and Taehyung sat on the cold swings, watching children play in the melting snow. Both were cold however it was warmer than the other days. The comfortable silence was broken by Jeongguk. "How is it going with Minho? Is he still bothering you?" Taehyung sighed contently recalling what school was like for the last few days. "No he doesn't. Yoongi convinced me to talk to him with Jimin. At first he kept telling me things, trying to hurt me with his words."

Jeongguk's grip tightened on the chain of the swing. It didn't go unnoticed by Taehyung, who smiled gently before continuing, "It was at the end of my classes so when he wasn't cooperating Yoongi came and talked to him. I don't know what he told him since he had us go to my house, but when he came back he told us the problem was fixed and he hasn't bothered me since."

"How has school been for you?"

"It's been good Tae, I enjoy your company along with the rest. My roommates help me keep entertained when your busy and I can't come over."

"You have roommates? Since when?" Taehyung had a slight pout coming from him, Jeongguk and him had bonded so much they basically told each other everything. It was an instant connection from the beginning after all. "Their names are Seokjin and Namjoon. They're both in their last year of college and in a way have taken care of me."

The two were both rocking on the swing silently after Taehyung had only responded with a soft hum. "How are you and your parents getting along?,"Jeongguk asked quietly. Taehyung's parents had indeed started trying to recover some time with him. "A little difficult. I've gotten so used to being quite lonely since-," Taehyung cut himself off, his eyes widening slightly.

Was now the time to talk about it? Both had bonded and Taehyung wasn't completely sure if it was a good idea to bring it up. Was Jeongguk even his childhood imaginary friend? He was just a picture I drew in my head, he was only my imagination. Was Ggukie even him, was he even real?

"Since...?"

"I-I just- it's just-," Taehyung was cut off by Jeongguk.

"You can tell me Tae, that is if you trust me. We've gotten to know each other... again after such a long time," the boy's sentence faded into a faint whisper as he reached the end. Even so Taehyung was able to catch it. Only making his eyes widen even more.

"W-What do you mean?"

"Nothing Tae. What is it you were going to say?"

"T-That I-I haven't had someone so special
s-since I- since him," he couldn't do it. He was nervous and he didn't know why it was getting hard for him to talk about it. It was simple to bring up the past wasn't it? Why was it becoming so hard for him.

"Him?" An unsettling feeling was creeping up on Jeongguk. Did he know? Was now the right time to confess? Would it confuse Taehyung?

"G-GGukie. S-since you left me Ggukie."

Well then.