Chapter 3 : Leaving?

Chapter 3: Leaving?
Theme: HalfCrazy -Musiq
Year: May 1986 
POV : Mani

" So she said it was yours ? " I said pulling from the blunt as smoke and bobby Womack filled the air

Me and Donny needed to talk because I'm sure y'all know that me and Donny graduate next month. But his plans are way different from mine. He wants to pursue music with the Joel and Cedric and they wanted me to move in an apartment with them but I don't think I have it in me to just stay and do music I mean don't get me wrong it's literally in my DNA but I need more stability than that right now and tell you the truth so does Donny with this news of him possibly having a baby.

I still haven't built up the courage to tell him about the news about New York yet. I know what's in the envelope is gonna crush him but I gotta do what I gotta do.

"Hell yes that bit- " he started
" see that's the problem you can't keep disrespecting her if that your possibly baby mama Donny. You know Ma Mary ain't raise no rude child so act like it" I said snatching the blunt from him.

" you'd be ready to kill somebody if Rodney called me a Bitch " I said taking a long pull

" yea that's cause your not one of these chicken heads who ain't good for nothing but laying on your back "

" in other words your type " I shoot back at him making him clearly aggravated.

" it don't matter what my type is you better not become one of them girls that run around messing with guy after guy. You have wa- " he started saying but then stopped to softly grab my face making me look him dead in the eyes
" way too much class and common sense to act like that. Your literally the most beautiful person Ive ever known inside and out. Don't allow one of these corny niggas make you lose track of your self worth baby girl. "

By this point the blunt was in the ashtray and his free hand and my right hand had found their way to each other while his other hand was still connected to my face. I hate when he does this to me. Making me feel all emotional and soft inside. This is why I always will feel a ways about Donald cause even though we My only be friends, best friends, it's always been a possibility of a " us " in my head. I thought about " us " more times than I should have,  there's even been times where I'd actually fantasize about him but I never wanted to come out and spill my feelings to him cause one day I view him as my big brotherly figure then the next as my lover.

My nose began to sting and I started to feel some gangsta tears attempt to fall but I sucked them right back up and I managed to get out the words " I won't " through my cracked voice. I quickly grabbed the blunt and lighter and let that feeling take over.

" Man Mani gimme my shit I only took a puff while your ass over there cheifin and shit." He said laughing but he cleared his throat and sat up in his seat.

" Look I got something to tell you "
" jinx's !"   we both said at the same time laughing both times.

" you first " he said. With that I reach in my back pants pocket giving him and the envelope I had been contemplating on giving him for a few weeks now.

" this better not be nothing crazy" he said laughing while he opened the envelope but his smile quickly turned into a serious facial expression as he read the acceptance letter.

POV: Donny

" so you've got a full ride to Columbia University , so your going to New York?" I chuckled

Does she realize that it's in newyork? Is this a joke?

"You realize that's in New York?!You leaving everything we've built here is now done if you leave me for New York! Answer me Mani the fuck you just sitting there for you drop a bomb on me like this and now you don't got shit to say to say to yourself right!" I said and she jumped when I added extra bass to vibrate my car.

I can't believe she would throw away doing music with me and the boys for New York. Since we were younger we've always done everything together I haven't made a single move without taking her into consideration because she means that much to me. I mean don't get me wrong I always thought that me and her would go far with the music we are literally a match made in heaven and she knows it I don't understand why she running away from this.

" Why you keep on running from this " I said to her making her look up at me , I have no idea she was crying. I don't know why she crying like I did her wrong. Man she hurt me to my core with this bullshit about school. Am I being selfish?

" Donald you know I wouldn't just leave you " she stutter. Something she often did when she was nervous. " we can't still contact each other and I could visit as often as possible a-and we could talk on the phone everyday a-annd... " she began to ramble on with until I cut her off remembering I had to talk to her anyways.

Her lil college success news ain't got nothing compared to what I'm finna throw at her. Call me petty but I'm not finna be the only hurt person in this car. 

" Aye nah you good save it I'm not even gone trip on it but remember I told you I had something to tel you as well right?" I said laughing on the inside about to ruin her relationship petty asf 😊

" well the real reason I don't believe that I'm the father of Iesha baby is cause I've caught her and Rodney hanging out in his backseat of his car. " I said with a big ass smirk on my face. Her tears quickly dried up when she noticed I was lowly laughing to myself.

" How long? " she said clearing her throat sitting up in her seat cracking her knuckles. Oh hell naw.
" How long since what? " I asked readjusting myself in my seat confused as hell cause I know she ain't finna hit me.

She chuckled and said "since you've known about Rodney and Iesha" at this point I'm confused cause she was laughing with a weird look in her eyes almost like it wasn't her or some shit all I know is her crazy ass better not hit me or I'm mush her head against the window and I ain't playing. I understand she might be a little mad at me for not spilling the beans sooner but I tried telling her prom night but her stubborn ass was too busy in that nigga face to pay attention. But shit idgaf she hit me imma hit her ass back.

" like a month ago but look I tried telling you prom night but you was too busy with your head up ol du-"  I was saying before I felt a hard knuckle come across the side of my lip followed by blood dripping from my nose . She got some damn nerve hitting me like that. So right when I began to mush her head like I promised there was a knock on the window and it was Igloo I mean Iesha duck ass yelling but I saw a very familiar car that dropped her off and it was Rodney scrawny ass. I knew from this point it was on and popping 😕.

Mani hopped out the car and immediately grabbed Iesha by her braids and banged her head against the window of my car.

" Yo mani chill out " I yelled but that didn't help any. She continued to knock the shit out of Iesha and honestly I sit there for like a few minutes because I do think she deserves it but she is pregnant with a baby so I had to jump in and help her out but right when I was about to break the fight up I see Honey and DJ running down the street..well actually Honey was running down the street with a bat and Vaseline in her hands and DJ was trying to get her to stop by chasing her.

All this going on while that bitch ass nigga Rodney in the car laughing like shit was sweet. I told DJ to stop his sisters from killing ol girl while walk up to DJ car on the driver side window and open the door and drag him out. I kept seeing visions of him fucking my then girlfriend Iesha and also all the pain he's caused Mani. I started stomping and punching the hell out of my mans and I didnt  plan on stopping either until I saw Honey running over handing me the bat. I swung and hit him in the leg trying to break it since I knew this Nigga was tryna play sports and shit. I mean he was good at football it's a damn shame to see them scholarships go down the drain like that. Ain't no more sports bihh 🤣. I think I  heard this Nigga screaming louder than Iesha so I think I did some damage.

By this point not only was Dalvin and Derick finna jump in but we heard a car horn beeping at us and it was our parents all 4 of them. They had to go to this revival and instead of staying after to talk for a good 5 hours like usually do, they came home. Fuck.

" Everybody stop and get y'all hindparts in this doggon house " my mama yelled walking up the steps that led to the porch. I dropped honey's bat and walked inside following behind everyone else.