Chapter 5 :The Aftermath

Chapter 5 : The Aftermath
Theme : Don't Be Cruel - Bobby Brown
Year : may 1986
POV - Donald Jr

" Damn man so like are you still gonna still play at the church ?" My homie down the street Joel asked. Directly after my dad beat my ass and kicked me out I went to my room grabbed all of my clothes and weed and got the fuck on with my life. I'm just thankful that Mrs. Hailey is letting me stay here in their spare bedroom. I told Joel and Cedrics parents about the situation with my parents and the Iesha situation and although they told me that I had to make sure I was working to make sure I had everything in place for when my possible baby into this world they had no problem helping me get on my feet. That's how parents should act.

" I mean no I don't wanna stop playing but not at his church. Fuck him and all them old people at that church other than My uncle and aunt. They only turn their nose up at me every Sunday they don't know that I notice their snickering and comments about how worldly I act well I'll show them especially him!" I said rolling the second blunt.

" My man you've had a tough ass day , found out you a daddy , knocking bitches in head, beating niggas in the leg with bats. Now you living with us. So what you gone do about Iesha? " Cedric, Joel's little brother said taking a third hit ignoring all of the puff puff pass rules that he knows I enforce in my car.

" First of all nigga it not a proven fact that girl baby mines yet. Secondly If me and Mani wasn't somewhat going through shit right now then I would have been at her house instead of being here with y'all stank asses" I joked.

" wait why you and Mani beefing? " Joel asked and I begin to explain the story of her basically neglecting me here and moving on. I know it sounds childish but I don't know how to actually live without her. We've been tight since we was snot nose ass kids.

" I don't know man you seem childish for throwing all that relationship drama in her face when you know she just wanted to tell you she got into school. It's not like she's going to play and sing with other people and shit. She's just going to get an education and make something more for herself." Cedric said giving more emphasis on the education. I honestly didn't think it through in that way. Maybe I was being a little too hard on her.
"But did she say she was leaving for good or what cause she definitely need to come see a nigga before she leaves so I can fulfill my promises and drop a baby in her. " Joel's retarded ass said. I couldn't do nothing but laugh.

POV : Mani
So it's been about a few weeks since the whole baby mama/wwe smack down smoke session me and donn- Donald had and honestly we haven't spoken since. I mean we see each other in school and he lives just down the block still with Cedric and Joel I'm guessing he's staying there until school let out then in about a week or so they will all get that apartment that they've been talking about. I'm sure y'all wondering why I'm so informed but Derek and Dalvin fill me in.

It would be a lie to say that I didn't miss Donald especially since we had all these plans together for the last month of school and now that over friendship is basically over the only thing I do is go work , school , church and home. I know for a fact that Donald misses me everytime were around each other we make weird eye contact and break away. Like it's weird cause I know we have so much to say to each other but no one wants to make the first move. And honestly it won't be me coming to him cause I ain't do shit wrong to him. He has this habit of planing who can ignore the other first and who has the most pride. Honestly he can do it by himself with his childish petty ass.

" Still haven't talked to him?" My mama said. I guess she noticed that I was lost in my thoughts. I mean of course I missed my best friend but wrong is wrong and I can't help but replay the events from last month in my head.
" mama don't start " I said sending a slight side eye in her direction and kept flipping through the channels finally landing on Martin.