Chapter 13 : The Meeting

Theme : N/A
Year : 1991 ( February )
POV : Monica

" Damn girl you cussed that man out like that?" Lisa asked. Cherry had told us about how she went slam off on her lil teacher today cause he disrespected her. I'm guessing that Lisa knows this man too or atleast took a few of his classes too cause next thing I know she's telling stories bout the nigga too. Before you know it , me Cherry Lisa and Honey had been cackling for almost thirty minutes in the board room waiting on all the people to show up got this stupid ass meeting. For the most part we had Andre, Puff, our group, Mary, Chris Williams and 3/4 of Jodeci.

" Damn y'all where the fuck is K-ci?" I said getting aggravated cause we were just waiting on his boney ass.

" Girl I don't know. But I was told attendance was mandatory right?" She asked clearly aggravated also.

"See his ass bets not be laid up with no bitch." She spat . See lately Mary and K have been extremely rocky in their relationship. They don't understand that egos and liquor don't mix.

" I heard y'all were looking for me" kci's country ass sanged coming around the corner grabbing a rolling chair and pulling you to the long wooded table. He tried kissing Mary but she dodged it. I'm sure they'll be fighting over this later on. These mufuckas fight about everything.

" alright since we are all here I wanted to give y'all an outline of how we are taking uptown to the next level." He said going to the chalk board.

" well first things first let's give it up for the girls for that wonder album they released at the end of January." He said smiling at me and the rest of the girls.

See our debut album was a success! We went straight to number two on the RnB charts , top five overall all on billboard. Three out of our four singles released had charged top 10 on the charts and we sold over 800,000 copies out first week. To say that our uptown family had been proud was an understatement.

" y'all we couldn't have done this without y'all" Andre said.

" Do what?" Honey and I said in unison looking confused.

" well I called this meeting because other labels want to collab with uptown to do a tour. Including all of you." He said looking at all of us in the room. The room had been filled with high fives and cheering.

" shhh settle down let me finish" He said smiling at our excitement! I mean of course we'd be excited it's our very first tour nigga better let us celebrate.

" See we used an awesome strategy of releasing albums as close as possible during the first half of the year starting with the girls , then Mary's album which will be released this month then followed by Jodeci's album which will be released sometime after May. We did that to get uptown dominating the radio stations and charts and with you all's talents and skills, it wouldn't be a challenge getting people to fucks with us." He said as we all nodded along.

" Like I said, we will be merging with different labels so that we have the best of the best in RnB right now and other artist that are topping the charts  They'll be on this tour with y'all."

" with that being said here's your tour line up, come on in y'all!" He said signaling whoever we were touring with to coming inside the boardroom.

Once our little tour buddies walked in the room we couldn't believe our eyes. We all literally shook our heads pissed off.

" I'm sure that you call know theses faces and names since you've been competing with them all on the charts. But we have TLC, Shai, and SWV." Andre said smiling and clapping excepting to us all too clap along with his fat neck ass. He's got some fucking nerve.