IV.

"Gising ka na please" I felt someone tap my cheeks as I sleep, forcing me to squint my eyes.
"5 more minutes"
"Wake up na! You told me na ipapakita mo sakin yung bago mong painting" She dragged me out of the bed, making me chuckle as I shake my head.
I stretched my arms then walked to the art room, got my painting that I finished last night.

This is surely one of my greatest masterpiece, I thought, looking at the painting before giving it to her.

"Hindi naman ako 'to eh! Malabo na ba mata mo? Kamukha ko, pero sure akong hindi ako 'to" I just smiled sheepishly at her.
"Ah alam ko na, this is the woman that you love very much 'no? Eto yung sinasabi mong mahal na mahal mo, mas mahal mo kesa sakin 'no?
She walked towards me and took a seat on my lap, wrapping her arms around my neck.

"I love you more than my life" I told her while shaking my head.
"but you love her more, and you miss her so much" She's right. I love Dawn more than anything.

She stood up after I kissed her forehead. She went back to the portrait and looked at it.

"She's so beautiful, Dad!" She looked back, as I walked towards her. "Sana naabutan ko siya"

"you look so much like her, anak." She smiled and I close my eyes remembering Dawn's face and smile as I felt someone tapping my cheeks again.

"Good morning, Hon!" Lucy smiling at me.

It was only a beautiful dream.

"I'll go down na" Lucy said as I felt my side table vibrate. I looked at my phone and saw Dawn calling.

"Sunod ako, I'll just take this call."
Lucy kissed me on the cheek and went out of the room. I swiped the call to answer, still a bit surprised that she's calling me.

"Hello, Chard!" Weird she never calls me that, did not bother to answer back.

"Did you receive my message last night? Ok lang ba na you guys deliver the piano today?"

"Uhh... Dawn?" I told her.

"Oh.. Gomz?!" She seems a bit surprised when she heard my voice.

"Uhh... Wrong call?"

"Yeah, sorry. I thought ikaw yung magde-deliver ng piano. Wrong "Richard" yung na-tap ko. Sorry."

"Yeah... Okay lang."
"Did I wake you up? Sorry talaga."
"No, No! I am awake na when you called!"
"Himala! Ang aga!"

"Yeah... uhmmm Dawn?" I asked, a bit hesitant.

"Hmm?"
"I dreamt of someone last night?"
"Sino? Siguro isa sa mga babae mo no? Naku, Gomez!" She said.

"It was actually my daughter"
"Si Juliana?"
"No... OUR daughter"
"Oh" She was taken aback.
"It feels so real, Dawn. She's beautiful. She looks so much like you"

Silence.

"Gomz?"
"Yeah... Uhh."
"What happened next?" she is really invested in this story. I don't want to tell her this anymore.

"Well..." I sighed. "I painted a portrait for her dahil hindi ka na raw niya naabutan." I bit my lip, hoping that it will help stop my tears from falling.

"Oh... I wa-was d-dead? In the d-dream?"

"Y-yeah." My voice is fading away, it just hurts too much.

"Gomz, I ha—"

"What if no? What if nagkaanak talaga tayo? Siguro tayo parin, siguro nasundan pa.."

"Can we— "

"Tapos travel travel tayo ganyan, just like what we've always dreamed of."

"Yeah, just like what we've always dreamed of.."

"You know, thankful na rin ako na hindi 'yon totoo, kasi parang I can't imagine life without you"

"Gomz.."

I sighed knowing that this conversation leads to nowhere.

Silence. Again.

"I'm sorry.."
"Why?"
"For bringing this up.. Alam ko na ayaw mo ng ganitong topic.."

"Yeah. It's just... tiring. Because nothing will ever change, right?" I heard her say with a slight disappointment in her voice.

"I know. Bad timing lang nung panaginip. It just felt too real."
"Can we just not like do this again?"
"Yeah. Sure." I'm not going to lie, it stings a bit.

"Gomz, I have to go. I'm sorry if I bothered you earlier."
"It's fine. And uhh... Dawn?"
"Hm?"
"Merry Christmas, Taleon."
"Merry Christmas, Gomez." She sighed, but I can hear her smile through the phone.

And she hung up the phone.

I'm still there holding my phone to my ear still thinking about our conversation and how painful it was.

"Hon, are you done? Breakfast is ready." Lucy entered the room, cutting away my thoughts.

I walked towards the door and she hugged me, "Merry Christmas, Hon." and then kissed me.

"Merry Christmas, Hon." I replied back.

" I replied back

Merry Christmas, Pengs! ❤️

From Ate Patty, Nams, and Kyler.
(@rantsofapenguin, @doughnams, @kyyllerr)