XII.

PART 2

***

They find themselves walking outside the chapel, both quiet, until they saw a bench under a tree, a little bit far from where they came from. They sit and just looking at the view of grass, and surprisingly the wind was cool that day, the sun was hiding behind the clouds.

Dawn sighs.
"Are you sure you want me to be here?"
Dawn looks at him, "bakit parang ayaw mo ako kasama?"
Richard smiles, "ako pa ba? I just want to give you space if that's what you want."
Dawn shakes her head and sighs again.
"Ayan nanaman.."
"Sorry. I just can't help it.. I just can't believe that she's not with us."
"Ako din. But I'm sure she's happy."
Dawn nods.
"Remember when we had lunch with her?"
Dawn smiles at that memory.

**

Dawn and Richard just finished taping for Hihintayin Kita Sa Langit a few days ago. Richard was driving and Dawn beside him. They are on their way to the house of Tita Midz. She asked them to come on a Saturday for lunch. Both quiet during the ride, just the radio music surrounding them. Until Dawn asks,

"Bakit tayo pinapatawag ni Tita Midz?"
Richard shrugs, "baka may meeting for the movie.."
"Are you sure?"
"Hindi. Eh wala naman akong maisip na ibang dahilan.. unless.."
"Unless ano?" Dawn looking at him.
"Nevermind"
"Ano nga?"
"Unless papagalitan tayo.."
"Bakit naman tayo papagalitan?" Dawn asked nervously.
Richard chuckles.
"Bakit parang natatawa ka? Hindi ka ba natatakot?"
"Bakit ako matatakot. Wala naman tayong ginagawang masama.."
"So bakit tayo pinatawag? At sabi mo papagalitan tayo?"
"Baka kasi.."
"Ano nga, Richard?!"
"Baka kasi nalaman niya na tayo na.."
Dawn looks away as her heart starts to beat as fast as it can.
Richard holds her hand, "Love, bakit?"
"I'm just.. nervous. Baka paghiwalayin tayo ni Tita.."
Richard laughs, "hindi yan! Akong bahala."

They arrive at the beautiful house of Tita Midz. They entered holding each others hand and Richard can feel how nervous Dawn is. They were welcomed by the maid and asked them to sit and wait for Tita Midz to come down.
Richard looks at Dawn who is just quiet.
"Love, bakit ka ba kinakabahan?"
Dawn looks at him, "I don't know."
"I'm sure gusto lang ni Tita mag lunch. Parang get together.."
Dawn nods.

"Hello!"

They both turn and Dawn lets go of Richard's hand immediately as if what she did was wrong. Tita Midz approached them and gave them a hug.
"Hi, Tita!" Dawn greets her.
"Buti naman at nakarating kayo"
"Of course, Tita! Hindi ka naman namin matitiis ni Dawn.", Richard replies with a smile.
Tita Midz sits and the two follows.
"Tita.." Richard starts, "bakit niyo nga pala kami pinatawag? Is this about the movie?"
Tita Midz shakes her head, "The movie is great. They are almost done editing it.."
Richard nods.
"I asked you to come because according to Carlitos.. you are now a couple.", Tita Midz declares. It wasn't a question. It was a statement. A fact that they can't deny.

Richard and Dawn look at each other. Dawn's heart just wouldn't stop beating. It feels like she is running a marathon.
"Tita..", Richard holds Dawn's hand and instantly Tita Midz's eyes went in that direction. "Tita, I can explain.."
"Richard.. can you leave me and Dawn alone?"
"But, Tita.."
"Sige na.. doon ka muna sa garden. Nandoon si Carlitos."
Richard tightens his grip just to assure her that everything will be okay and steps out of the room.

Dawn couldn't breathe. This is the first time she is experiencing this. Her hands began to sweat and she can hear her heartbeat like it was on full volume.
"Dawn, anak.."
Dawn looks at Tita Midz, "yes, Tita?"
Tita Midz smiles, "mahal mo ba si Richard?"
Dawn bit her lip. She felt that whatever she says is going be the wrong answer.
"Hija, hindi ako nagagalit at hindi ako galit. I asked Richard to leave because I want to hear it from you. Para ko na kayong mga anak and as your parent in this industry, I just want to protect you both.."
Dawn starts to feel relieved hearing all these.
"So again, Hija, I'm asking.. mahal mo ba si Richard?"
Dawn nods shyly and Tita Midz stood up and sat beside her. She held Dawn's hand and looked straight right into her eyes.
"Anak, masaya ako para sa inyong dalawa. Pero may ipapaki-usap ako.."
"Ano po yun, Tita?"
"Guard your heart."
"Guard my heart?", Dawn thinks.
"I want you to protect yourself at all cost. Hindi madaling magkaroon na ka-relasyon sa mundo ng showbiz."
Dawn nods, "Opo. I will.. Tita.. hindi po kayo galit?"
Tita Midz smiled, "bakit naman ako magagalit? Sa totoo lang, masaya ako para sa inyong dalawa. Ang gusto ko lang iparating sa'yo ay huwag mo rin pabayaan ang puso mo. Bata pa kayo ni Richard. Kung sa tingin mo aabot yung araw na magkakasakitan kayo.. ikaw na ang lumayo dahil gusto ko alagaan mo rin ang sarili mo.."
"Bakit, Tita? Sa tingin niyo po hindi ako mahal ni Richard at sasaktan niya ako?"
Tita Midz giggles, "hay naku, anak.. si Richard? Unang beses ko pa lang kayo nakita na magkasama.. halatang tinamaan na siya sayo!"
They both giggle.
"Thank you, Tita. For accepting this relationship."
Tita Midz smiles and hugs her.
"Halika na, kain na tayo. Atsaka baka bugnot na yung boyfriend mo sa kakahintay."
Dawn giggles.

They had a fun lunch. The new couple shared how most of the taping went and how Direk Carlitos made them do things that they didn't expect. Tita Midz laughing at their stories and made sure she'll give Carlitos a little scare for them. The two was just unstopple with their stories especially how Richard loves pranking some people on the set. They were having coffee, tea, and some desserts when Tita Midz kept quiet and just watching them laughing and still giggling together like they have their own world. Dawn noticed and asked, "Tita? May problema ba?"
Tita Midz smiled, "wala naman. Natutuwa lang talaga ako sa inyong dalawa." The couple smiled and Richard held Dawn's hand as he looks at her.

**

"That was my favorite memory of her with us.." Richard says. "Sa totoo lang, when you went to the bathroom before we left her house, pinagsabihan niya ako.."
"Talaga?"
Richard nodded.
"Anong sabi niya?"
"Na 'wag na 'wag kong babaliin yung pangako ko.."
"Anong pangako?"
"Na hindi kita sasaktan.." Richard looks at her sadly.
Dawn kept quiet but looks away.

***to be continued.. again.***

Thanks for patiently waiting, everyone! 😊 You are the best readers!