XVIII.

9:05am

Dawn woke up late, maybe she was overwhelmed from yesterday's happenings. She went straight to the bathroom to take a shower. The summer breeze has not been good lately and a cold bath makes her feel good. She's sure that she's the only one left in just starting the day. She went straight to the kids room to take a peek and saw them doing online classes, Jacobo listening to his teacher and Ayisha taking down notes.

She went down and saw her husband in his home office in a zoom meeting, which she thinks is the new norm now. He gave her a smile which she replies with a flying kiss. She went inside the kitchen and saw the helpers setting breakfast for her in the breakfast table. She took her time in sipping her coffee and enjoying the food thinking about what to do that day, maybe finish her needle work since it's almost done and maybe replant some plants in her yard, or if the kids finish early, she'll ask them to go swimming with her.

11:15am

Dawn was in the last few parts of her needlework when her helper entered the den.

"Ma'am, may delivery po kayo."

"Okay. Susunod ako."

"Sige po. Nasa kitchen na po, ma'am."

"Okay"

Dawn puts her needlework aside and went to the kitchen. There she found a platter covered in foil with a note on top.

"Belated Happy Mother's Day!

From,
RG"

She takes out the foil and in an instant the whiff of bagoong filled the whole room.

"Oh my gosh!"

Her helpers couldn't help but to take a look and check the food.

"Ma'am, mukha pong masarap!"

"Oo nga po, ang bango!"

Dawn giggles, "naku! Masarap talaga ito! Ito ang ihain niyo for lunch, ha? Tapos sa mga bata na lang yung niluto niyo. Kumuha na rin kayo nito para matikman niyo."

"Sige po, ma'am. Thank you po!"

Dawn went out and rushed to her room. She completely forgot her phone that she left on her bedside table. True enough, when she checked it there are messages that she wasn't able to read.

"Thanks, Dawn! Don't forget to like and subscribe! 😂"
"Good morning!"
"Dawn?"
"Uy, nagtatampo ka ba?"
"Dawn, sorry kung di ako nakareply agad kagabi."
"Don't cook lunch, I'm sending something over from the makati home."
"Dawn, special delivery!"

Dawn felt guilty and shocked with his messages. She clicks call immediately and after three rings he picks up.

"Gomz?"

"Hi! Galit ka ba?"

"Sorry! Sorry! Hindi naman ako galit."

"Sure? Di ka kasi sumasagot."

"I forgot my phone sa room."

"Okay. Did you get my late mother's gift?"

"Oh my gosh. Yes! Grabe. Namiss ko yun!"

"Well, I didn't personally cook it but our Manang sa house knows my recipe so I asked her na lang to cook and send it to you since hindi naman ako pwede magpadala from here."

Dawn smiles.

"Sa susunod, ako na talaga magluluto."

"Thanks, Gomz."

"Mas masarap yan pag kinain mo sa balcony."

Dawn giggles.

"Tapos may candles and background music."

"You remember."

"Oo naman. Ikaw nagset up nun eh. Sobrang touched nga ako."

"Talaga ba?"

"Oo nga! Kulit! Atsaka you insisted na ikaw maghuhugas ng pinggan dahil sabi mo ako naman ang nagluto kaya ako nagligpit nung mga nilabas mong unan at kumot."

Dawn giggles again.

"Tawang tawa ka?"

Dawn laughs, "kasi nainis ka dahil sabi mo kailangan ipa-laba yung mga kumot dahil nadumihan. Sabi ko, ako na ang maglalaba pero ayaw mo pumayag kasi mga dalawang kumot at isang comforter din yun!"

"Eh kasi po, Miss Zulueta, hindi ka naman marunong maglaba. Hindi ko kasi alam bakit ang dami mong nilabas."

"Syempre para maganda tingnan!"

Richard chuckles.

Dawn sighs.

"What's that for?"

"Wala. Namiss ko lang."

"Ako?"

"Yung luto mo!"

Richard chuckles, "kaya nga nagpadala agad eh. Alam mo naman malakas ka sa akin."

Dawn smiles, "Gomz, thanks ha. For being so thoughtful."

"Anytime. Basta ikaw."

They stay silent.

"Dawn?"

"Yeah?"

"I need to go? May meeting pa kasi ako."

"Sorry, sorry!"

"Walang problema. I will call you again when I'm free."

"Naku. Wag na. Do your work first."

"Anyway, kainin mo na yung binagoongan. Alam kong paborito mo yan!"

"Naku, mapapadami ata ako ng rice."

"Okay lang yun. You need to eat. Pumapayat ka."

Dawn giggles, "After nitong meal na ito, I'm sure I will gain some weight."

"Dapat lang!"

Dawn smiles.

"Okay, I really need to go."

"Alright."

"Happy Mother's Day, Dawn."

"Thank you!"

"And by the way.."

"What?"

"Don't forget to like and subscribe!"

Dawn laughs, "loko ka!"

Richard laughs, too!

"Mag vlog ka na kasi! Tapos collab tayo!"

"Pag-iisipan ko, Mr. Vlogger. Sige na! Talk to you again soon!"

"Bye!"

Dawn waited for him to hang up before she does. She went down to check lunch and everything was set-up already.

12:00noon

The maids called the kids and her husband for lunch while she waited in her seat. She served them happily before putting food in her plate and took note of putting an extra scoop of rice for her to eat.

Her husband started eating the binagoongan like her.

"Who cooked this? It's so good!"

"Richard sent it as a mother's day gift."

"From Ormoc?"

"No, from their house lang here in Makati."

"Please tell him it's so good!"

"Sarap no? Sige, I will tell him."

"Next time, tayo naman ang magluluto for their family."

Dawn nodded and smiled. Her day became extra special. She had extra servings, her tummy was way to happy to have one of her favorite foods, and the thought that she can keep some for dinner makes her excited.

*end*