VIII.

Dawn woke up a little late today coz it was a holiday. The kids have no school and Anton is in Davao. She checked the kids and they were still sleeping.

"I'll just let them sleep some more", she thought.

They stayed up late the night before because the kids wanted to watch a movie with her.

She went down to grab a cup of coffee and started browsing thru her social media. She'll wait for the kids to wake up so they can have breakfast together.

Soon, the kids went down, greeted her good morning with kisses and hugs. They were eating already when Ayisha asks..

"What are we doing today, Mama?"
"Hmmm.. I might go to the grocery. You want to come?"
"Okay!"
"How about you, Jacobo?"
"Can I go to my friend's house? We'll play basketball."
"Okay. But you have to be home by 4pm."
Jacobo agrees.

Dawn decided to go to her favorite grocery, SnR.

Dawn and Ayisha roam around the grocery. Aisle by aisle, getting what is on the mother's grocery list. The kid skipped through the aisle of candies and chocolates even before Dawn could stop her.

"Mama, can we buy that?" Ayisha asked pointing a box of poptarts when they passed the sweets section.

"I told you, if you keep on eating candies, masisira 'yang teeth mo"

"Just this one, Mama!"

"You said that when we bought skittles yesterday."

"Please, Mama!"

"Hay na-"

"Ang strict naman ni Mama!" Dawn was cut off by a very familiar voice.

She turned and saw a very, familiar face smiling at her.

"Gomz!"

Richard laughed at the look on her face - a bit surprised.

Before she could say anything, Gomz approached her and gave her a beso on the cheek.

"What are-"

Richard gets the box of pop tarts, kneeled down to Ayisha's level and handed it to her.

Ayisha smiled while getting the box from Richard.

Dawn sighs and shakes her head in disbelief.

"Drink lots of water after you eat these, ha?" Richard tells Ayisha -- who can't believe her luck.

Ayisha nods in reply and blurts out, "Thank you po!"

Richard ruffles her hair and chuckles.

"Always the spoiler!" Dawn says.

"Minsan lang naman!"

"Anyway, I'm surprised na nandito ka and doing the grocery!"

"Ako ata ang dapat magulat na nandito ka! Atsaka, ako naman talaga ang namimili ng pagkain kahit noon pa!"

Dawn giggles 'cause that's the truth. Even way back when they were together, Richard would always take care of the grocery and does the cooking. He was always the better cook. She just picked up the fondness of going around the grocery when she became a wife.

"Sino palang kasama mo?"

"Si -"

"Dad?"

Dawn looks behind him and Juliana approached them with two jars of Peanut Butter.

"Anak! Say hi to Tita Dawn!"

Juliana managed to put the jars in their cart before approaching Dawn and gave her a beso.
Dawn smiles as she looks at this beautiful teenager that is a spitting image of Richard.