Chapter 9

Namjoon was practically shaking the school building down as he sat at the lunch table, alone, his nerves were torn and he couldn't help but bounce his leg as he sat. You were supposed to be discharged from the hospital soon, but that doesn't mean you were still going to be coming back to school. The last time he visited you was when he found out that Jae Hwa had remembered some of what happened, and so the police are fighting to keep the case.

Namjoon was hunched over his table and glared at the empty seat in front of him. He missed you, God he missed you. He missed how you'd pop out of nowhere and brighten up your day. He missed how contagious your laugh was. He missed your beautiful smile, and he missed how you'd call him 'dummy'.

But you weren't here to call him a dummy today. You wouldn't be here for awhile, and it was killing him.

"I miss you," he mutters as he reluctantly takes a bite of his food, "Dammit I need you."

"Do you always talk to yourself?" Namjoon snaps his head in the direction of his voice and he almost chokes on his food.

He immediately stands to his feet and almost tackles the person into a hug, "H-Hyung!"

"You're crushing me," Yoongi says strained as Namjoon squeezes the life out of his friend's lungs, "Seriously! Namjoon, I. Can't. Breathe!"

"Just a little longer?" Namjoon begs as he holds the shorter man close, "I need this."

Yoongi sighs and rolls his eyes before wrapping his arms around the younger, "What's wrong, Joon? You're never like this unless something's gotten you extremely fucked up."

"Sh-She's in the hospital." Namjoon's voice cracks and his body begins to shake, "She and this other girl got into a fight and they're both in the hospital and now they're trying to throw Y/N in jail and I just—"

"Namjoon you're running your words together, I can't understand what you're saying." Yoongi sighs before guiding Namjoon to sit back down. Keeping his arm around Namjoon, Yoongi hands Namjoon a napkin to wipe his tears, "It's not a tissue but it's the best I have."

"Thank you," Namjoon sniffs before gently wiping his eyes with the napkin.

"Now," Yoongi leans against the table, "take a deep breath and try to tell me what's going on again. From the beginning."

Namjoon takes in a deep breath and slowly runs a hand through his hair, disheveling it in the process, "Not too long ago Y/N and I got together—"

"And you didn't tell me?" Yoongi feigned offense.

"—and the day we did this girl named Jae Hwa was picking on me and calling Y/N out of her name. Well after school, Y/N and Jae Hwa got into a fight—which Jae Hwa started to begin with—and Y/N blacked out."

"Seriously?!"

Namjoon nodded solemnly, "She knocked Jae Hwa unconscious, went to lay down on the bench, then went completely limp herself."

Yoongi was breathless at what his friend has told him, he shakes his head in disbelief, mouth slightly agape, "Who would've thought?"

Namjoon kept speaking, "When her mom came to pick her up and saw the two like that she immediately called for an ambulance... her mother is well aware of Y/N's condition, and Y/N told me that she's been trying to get help... but there's only so much she can take before she snaps. Whatever Jae Hwa said to her.... must've really pissed her off."

"What would make her that angry?"

Namjoon gives a small flash of a smirk, "She doesn't like it when people talk about me, or when they think they're entitled to be treated a certain way just cause of their family name. Jae Hwa thought Y/N was gonna be a push over like the other girls, when she speaks her name everyone waits on her hand and foot. But not my girl."