Chapter 19

Namjoon runs a hand through his hair as he sits, bored, in his chair. Hoseok was strewn across his chair in the most uncomfortable looking position, his head was hanging over the arm of the chair, his legs were spread fair apart, his right arm was hanging down, while his left one was on the back of the chair. However, he was snoring, barely moving, he must be exhausted.

Namjoon fiddles with the strings of his mask, looking over to make sure Jungkook's and Hoseok's were still on. You had told him everything he needed to know on taking care of Jungkook if he begins to have an attack, Namjoon at first didn't like the idea of you being alone with two guys, especially when you barely know them, but after seeing the situation with his own eyes... he chastised himself for being a jerk.

Text Message: Gem his phone rang and he quickly read it.

Gem: Thank you again, for helping me with them.

Namjoon: No problem, I'm happy to help!

Gem: I just wish there was more I could do...

Namjoon: Gem, you're overthinking a little, yeah?

Gem: Maybe...

Namjoon looks down at his phone and smiled as he shook his head.

Namjoon: Get some sleep, we have school tomorrow.

Gem: Ok... good night, dummy!

Namjoon: Good night.

Namjoon's soul almost left his body when Jungkook started coughing again, the boy lurched forward and gasped for air. Namjoon quickly stood up and gently rubbed circles around Jungkook's back.

"Calm down, Jungkook, try to calm down." Jungkook only nods his head in response as he takes deep gulps of air.

Jungkook sighed, "I can tell I'm getting better. I'm not coughing as long, or as much. And there's no more blood." Jungkook flashes a small smile up at Namjoon, "I'm getting better!"

Namjoon couldn't help but smile back, "That you are."

"Finally," Jungkook closes his eyes for a moment, "I'm tired of being a burden to Hobi."

Namjoon's breath caught in his throat, "A burden?"

"He hasn't slept in ages, he's always working, just to take care of me cause I'm sick..." Jungkook's obsidian eyes bore into Namjoon's, "So, when I'm no longer sick, he can relax a bit."

"Jungkook, Hoseok is always going to want to take care of you, even if it means neglecting himself."

"But why? What makes me so deserving of that?"

Namjoon pauses before looking over his shoulder to the slumped man, "Because he loves you," he looks back to the boy, "You're willing to do anything for the people you love."

"Is that why you're here now? Do you love us?" Namjoon hesitates, he doesn't want to sound rude, but he barely knows these two.

"Well, I could love you two, but I don't know you all that well—"

"Then why are you here?"

"Because the person I love wants to help you," Namjoon says, "She sees how the both of you are struggling, and she has much love in her heart, she's willing to give it to you. So... if she's willing to love and take care of you both, so will I."

Jungkook doesn't seem offended at all, in fact, his grin grew, "Does that mean you're like my siblings now?"

Namjoon's mouth hung open a bit, and his eyes must've shown his surprise because Jungkook's smile faded. The crinkle in the boy's eyes disappeared.