Chapter 28

You slightly stir awake when you feel Namjoon crawl into bed with you. You were wondering when he would come in, you had wanted to talk with him. You felt like you two deserved some alone time, away from school, away from family, away from friends. Just the two of you. You felt like you weren't giving him enough of your attention, and you felt terrible for it. Your heart was always dead set on helping others, not worrying about your personal conflicts. However that's brought your relationship on a very slow trudge.

You feel Namjoon finally settle next to you, his breathing pattern changed and you feared he fell asleep, "Joonie?"

"Hm?" He rasps and you turn to face him, seeing how he only has one eye cracked open.

"I have a question..."

"What is it?" You feel him prop himself on his arm as he looks down at you.

"I think we should, y'know," you hesitate a bit, "have some time to ourselves, together I mean. So I was wondering if you... y'know... wanted to... go out on another date?"

Namjoon bites on his lower lip and tries to refrain from laughing. You could tell he was being cheeky, so you just waited for him to spill out his mind.

"You and I think too much alike," Namjoon wraps his arms around your waist and tugs you closer, he kisses the top of your head and smiles warmly, "I was going to ask you the same thing in the morning."

"Really?" The excitement in your quiet voice causes Namjoon's heart to flutter. You were so precious to him, his sparkling Gem.

"Really, now let's try to get some sleep. We have a lot to try and figure out tomorrow." You curl into him as he securely wraps the blankets around you both, "Don't steal this halfway through the night."

"No promises." You yawn out and you feel a rumble from his chest.

"If you do, I'm going to take the whole blanket and go into the living room."

"You wouldn't dare," Your voice began to sound groggy with the more drowsy you got, "You love me too much."

"True," with a snorted laugh, Namjoon rests his chin on top of your head and slowly falls asleep.

You never thought your heart would pound faster when you tried to go to sleep.

~*~

You and Namjoon decided to go where your last date had left off, the beach. You were ready for a nice swim, the water would probably be freezing, but you wanted to swim. You were clad in your favorite swimsuit, Namjoon in a tank top and a pair of black and red swim trunks. He was lugging the beach chairs while you had the towels wrapped around your neck.

There were a few people in the water, some where trying to get a tan, while some kids were building sandcastles. You smiled, this is what a normal life looks like, carefree, living in the moment.

So you decided to have a normal life for once.

Once the chairs were set up, your childish ways showed, "Last one to the water is a rotten egg!" You push Namjoon and run as fast as you could to the water's edge. However, Namjoon's long strides made him catch up to you, and he lifted you into the air. You thrashed a little as he held you.

"You cheater!" You squeak and Namjoon laughs.

"Says the one that pushed me!"

He turns you in his arms and you stuck your tongue out at him. He kisses you gingerly and you smile into it. You were in love with this moment.