Chapter 11

Namjoon stares down at his phone in disbelief, he had just recently left your house to provide you the space and air you deserved after he made you upset. But now, stalled in his steps and passing people glare at him for being in the way, Namjoon stares at his phone, the long and quickly typed message you sent him has him frozen.

Y/N: Namjoon, I'm sorry about all this. But I don't think it's right for me and you to be together, it has nothing to do with what you've done. This is my decision I'm making based off of my own actions, I have no right to scream at you like this and I'm afraid I might one day lash my anger out on you... and I don't want that... I'm sorry, Namjoon, but I'd rather hurt your feelings than physically harm you... I'm breaking up with you.

Something in Namjoon urged him to go back and tell you that he wouldn't leave, he didn't want to stop loving you, he didn't want you to be separated from him like this. Without thinking, Namjoon takes off in the direction of your house. His ran as fast as his legs would carry, excusing himself when he would get in others way, shout sorries when traffic would screech to a halt to avoid hitting him. He could make it, he needed to. He had to be with you.

As he sees your house in view Namjoon begins to run faster, an extra breath filled his lungs and he urged himself to go faster. His whole focus was on your front door, nothing else mattered to him except that closed door.

And because of that he didn't see the car that hit him.

~*~

Time slowed down as Namjoon looks over his shoulder to hear a car screeching to try and stop, but it was too late. The terrified driver gripped the steering wheel with dear life, her eyes wider than a deer in headlights. Namjoon can only see you flashing before his eyes, because before you, he had no life.

The terrified woman rushes out of her car with shaky legs, she makes her way to the front of her car. Namjoon laid with his head to the side, his body limp, unresponsive to everything the woman tried to do before she called for help. Soon, most of the neighborhood opened their doors to see the ruckus and a few offer their aid as best they can before the medics came. However, Namjoon wasn't the only one that needed medical attention...

Laid on your side, your consciousness gone, blood pours from your nose. You had hit your head when your body collapsed on you, you were alone in your house. Sirens were blaring, but they weren't there to save you. They were to save the life that was more important in your eyes, the one who you thought deserved a longer life than yours.

However, with word that there was an accident in front of your house, your mother was informed right away. And with fear striking her that something happened to you, she rushed home, calling out for you and her nerves torn to shreds when you wouldn't answer. She busted down your door and saw how much blood you've lost, she called for medics and did her best to try and stop your nose from bleeding, or at least allow it to slow down a bit.

Two accidents in one day,
Two lovers feeling the same way.
No one wanted to hurt the other,
Didn't want to be apart from one another,
No one is as tragic as they.

One hurt and called a monster
With a condition no one can conster,
The other a social outcast
Who's feelings were always put last.
Together they made life sweet
A special feeling whenever they'd meet.

A feeling that would never die,
A feeling that they can't deny.
No matter what happens between the two
In the end, they'll be together through and through.

So just hold on, precious gem.
Hold on, do it for him.
And for the one who's as smart as a doll
Be there for her, through it all.

Don't give up hope, this is only the start.
Don't lose sight, don't lose heart.
Because this love story is a work of art.

~*~

You stir yourself awake, your head pounding and you felt dizzy. Your head rolled from side to side as you tried to open your eyes fully, your body felt a little weak and you had an idea as to why. You knew you had another episode, that part was evident, why else would you pass out? But you didn't know why your body felt so heavy and why your head was swimming.

You knew where you were, you knew your mom would be around. You honestly felt bad for your mother, always worried whether or not you would have another episode outbreak, whether or not you're going to wake up after it... constantly going to the hospital and missing work... you're surprised how lenient her boss is. She seems to understand your mom's condition and your mom is a hard worker, that's probably why she hasn't been fired.

"Mom?" You test your voice and you hear shuffling next to you and soon you held your mother's hand, "Why am I so dizzy?"

"You hit yourself on the nose when you lost consciousness, you lost a bit of blood." You feel your mother gently running her hand through your hair, "But that's not all that happened yesterday."

"What do you mean?"

Your mother sighs at your confusion, she knows how this news will affect you, but she felt like she shouldn't hold it away from you. Not after how much he meant to you.

"Namjoon got into a car accident yesterday... he was hit by a car right outside our house. I think he was trying to get to you, he didn't look where he was going... and the car was too close to stop properly. Namjoon's in the hospital, sweetie." Your mother tried to explain as best as she could as your confusion and worry grew more and more.

"No, no, why would he be trying to get to me? I told him to stay away from me!" You begin to panic, your heartbeat was pounding in your chest and your heart monitor picked up its pace as well, "I told him to stay away, why would he come back?"

"Honey, he loves you, that's why he came back." Your mother gently cups your cheek with her hand, "You know that old saying, if you set something free and it returns to you, it was always yours from the start. If you set it free and it doesn't come back, it was never yours to begin with. Honey, he came back, he came back for you. He's yours, Y/N."

"But mom he's in the hospital because of me!" You shout and your mom tries to quiet you down, you take in a shaky breath, "He got hit by a car, mom! That's not ok!"

"The doctor says he's going to make a full recovery, he has a concussion, he has some lacerations, and his knee was dislocated, but the car was only going 25 miles per hour (40.23 kilometers), he's going to be ok. Thankfully the car was small and Namjoon has some height to him, or else it could've been much worse." Your mother tries to reason with your rattled mind, you were still trying to wrap your mind around how Namjoon got into the accident.

Your mother's voice was drowned out by a ringing in your own ears, your head hurt, but you couldn't stop the pounding of your heart. You wanted to see Namjoon, you wanted to see for yourself if he was ok.

"Mom..?" Your mother stops mid sentence when you speak, "I need to see him."

"Y/N, you have to wait for the doctors to discharge you—"

"Well get them to, please, I have to make sure he's ok! He was there for me, and I made the biggest mistake of my life, please... I need to see my boyfriend."

"Listen Y/N L/N, you will be patient and you will wait until the doctor clears you, do I make myself clear?" Your mother's rare stern voice causes you to dip your head low and accept the fact you needed to be patient. You began to pick at your nails as you wait, you just kept apologizing to him mentally. You hope he'll turn out ok, you hope he'll wake up completely fine and still be able to function normally...

You hope he would understand that you still love him, even though you think it's still best for you to part.