Chapter 22

Hoseok lead you all into the living room of his home, turning on the lights and they flicker on. He swears under his breath at the mess that comes out of the dark and he makes haste to try to clean up.

"I'm sorry for the mess," Hoseok grabs as many papers and books strewn about and offers you and Namjoon a seat, "but welcome to our humble home."

"It's pretty," You say, which wasn't a lie, you could only imagine what the comfy home would look like run down and condemned. Hoseok put in a lot of time and money into the fixer upper, you were very impressed.

Hoseok offered you and Namjoon a seat on a couch, and Jungkook took a spot in a chair, "Do you guys want anything? Food? Water?"

You both politely refuse and Hoseok smiles softly before taking his own seat. You steal a glance over at Jungkook and see the young boy stressed and chewing on his nails.

"Jungkook..?" The boy flinched when his name was called, you looked at him with gentleness and care, "Everything is going to be ok, don't worry about anything right now."

"I know it's just... I don't understand..." Jungkook trails off and Namjoon tilts his head.

"Understand..?" He says and the young boy sighs.

"Why my parents waited until now to start wanting me." Hoseok tenses with anger at his next words, "And why would they accuse Hobi of kidnapping me?"

"'Kidnapping..'" Hoseok hissed under his breath and braced his elbows on his knees. His right leg was bouncing and his once cheerful eyes were cold and dark.

The sun is being blocked by the moon.

You felt your breath lodge itself in your throat, he looked ready to kill. He looked ready to hunt his parents down and get rid of him.

You were truly terrified.

"Hoseok..?" You whisper and his deadly gaze lands on you, you feel a shiver rake down your spine, you didn't feel safe, "C-Calm down please, Jungkook's home. And he's better, right? Y-You don't have to worry—"

"Jungkook." Hoseok says before he shifts his gaze from you to the table in front of him, "Do they know where we live?"

The younger shakes his head, "No, they didn't find us for this long in the house, and they didn't follow me home..."

"Good," Hoseok stands up and looks down at his companion, "You should get something to eat and relax, you've been sick for a long time. You should get your strength back up, you're starting to look like a skeleton."

You felt as if the comment was a little harsh, but Jungkook smiles and laughs softly, "A skeleton? That's the best thing you could come up with?"

Hoseok chuckles and ruffles Jungkook's hair, the sight of their interaction's causing you to be less tense.

Hoseok turns to look at you and Namjoon before he begins to speak, "Thank you, both of you, for helping us. I don't know how I could've been able to tend to Jungkook properly at the hospital if you haven't kept watch so I could sleep." Hoseok walks over to you both and extends a hand for you and Namjoon to shake.

"It's no problem," Namjoon says as he stands to grasp Hoseok's hand, "If there's anything else we can do, give us a call."

"Yeah, I could come over after school to check up on Jungkook while you go to work," You offer, "Or I could see if my mom would allow me to have him over?"

"You two have done more than enough, thank you." Hoseok gently takes your hand in both of his and his bright smile returns to his face, "If I do need you guys again, I'll let you know."

Namjoon whispers into Hoseok's ear, "And let us know if you have any trouble with his parents."

Hoseok subtly nods his head and he leads you to the door, "You're always welcome here, don't be a stranger!"

"Maybe we'll swing by your carnival booth again," You say and Hoseok's carny voice returns.

"That sounds alright to me lil' lady, always a pleasure to have a fine couple win at my game." Hoseok winks at you and the sparkle in his eyes is mesmerizing.

You give the man a quick hug, he laughs and hugs you back, when you pull away you quickly rush over to Jungkook and give him a hug as well, "Take care, Kookie."

"You too," he says softly and you go back to head outside, Namjoon pats Hoseok on the back and he follows you outside.

"My mom says she'll meet us with the car down the street, the road here is pretty beat up and unleveled, she thinks it'll scratch up her car really bad." Namjoon nods before he gently takes your hand in his and laces your fingers, he's done this simple action countless of times but it still manages to make your heart speed up.

"This has been the most craziest year of my entire life," Namjoon smiles as he dramatically swings your arms back and forth, "First, I meet the prettiest girl in school, then my long time best friend comes out of nowhere, the prettiest girl in school then becomes my girlfriend, Shik's ass got kicked by a carny man, the same carny man needed help with his friend at the hospital, and now here we are. Friends with people we've basically got to know because they were in the hospital!"

"Life is strange, Joonie." You say as you stop swinging your arms and lay your head against his should as you walk, "But you're stranger than life, so life is bearable."

"You little..." Namjoon grins as he wraps his arms around you and picks you up from behind, you squeak in the process and dangle with your legs out straight as Namjoon waddles with you.

"Joonie," You whine, "put me down!"

"Nope," he says as he continues to walk with you, "I'm gonna hold you like this forever."

"You mean until your arms get tired?" You feel Namjoon give you a light squeeze.

"Yes, Miss smarty pants. That's what I meant."

Namjoon got more than half of the rest of the way down the street when you noticed he was slowing down. You could tell his pride didn't want to let him seem weak, but you slowly convince him to set you down.

"You did pretty well, I don't think most people would be able to make it that far without dropping me." You giggle as you see how flushed your boyfriend's face is.

"You're not heavy, if that's what you're implying," Namjoon took your hand again, "This road is at an angle where it's hard to walk, I feel like each step I take I'm falling."

You shrug and run a hand through your hair, you just wanted to be home. What Namjoon said earlier was right, this has been the craziest year of your life. Not because of Namjoon, but because of Jae Hwa warning you about a hitman. So far nothing has happened to you, but you can't help but feel like you're being watched. Even when you're sleeping, you feel as if someone's gaze is staring at your back.

You unintentionally shiver, you couldn't help the paranoia clawing at you. The fear that something might actually happen to you was beginning to eat you up inside.

You just wanted to be home....

________________________________

A/N: I'm starting to think I've gotten myself in trouble for bringing out all of this drama so soon. I feel like I'm gonna accidentally leave loose ties when I won't mean to 😥 oh boy, looks like I have my work cut out for me