Chapter Three - New Made Friend

"Who...are you..." (Y/n) asked, with a softest voice she has ever used to speak. "M'lady, I am Kurt Frank, an adventurer indeed. How may I call you, m'lady?" Kurt answered, with a light bow down to (Y/n). His accent was the most pure and polite (Y/n) has ever heard of, but his voice was yet to be as strong as he looked.

The scar lied from the upper corner of his eye across the ear somewhat symbolise as one of his greatest adventure he had. Caught the glimpse of staring into his face, Kurt was the one to cough a bit to broke the silence. "M'lady? Are you alright?" Kurt said, slowly he shook his left hand from left to right in front of (Y/n)'s face, his face was starting to turn into a huge question mark.

  "Oh...call me (Y/n) is fine... I am a painter, I can create almost everything by drawing it out." (Y/n) said, pulling out her enormous paintbrush  in front of the adventurer. The adventurer somehow began to beam like a child, as he began to check the paintbrush (Y/n) was holding carefully.

   "M'lady, pardon but would you kindly let me take a closer look of this piece of gorgeous item? It's been a while since I last went to a adventure." Kurt stated out loud, though (Y/n) sensed that he has a bit of fear and sadness in the end. It must have appeared that Kurt was scared of not allowing to look at this paintbrush, perhaps he made some wrong decisions in the past. But that did not matter, as long as it would not affect the present is fine for (Y/n) herself.

"Sure, take it..." (Y/n) told, putting her paintbrush into the palms of the adventurer. "My my, this is the finest paintbrush I have ever seen. I can see you kept this paintbrush good as new. M'lady, would you like to have a little adventure with me and Servais? We will always welcome you as I think your paintbrush would be a great help to the both of us." Kurt invited, eyes began to shone with little sparkles as he gave back her paintbrush.

As far as (Y/n) knew, this Kurt did not seem a bad one. Should she get to know Kurt more and the one he mentioned earlier? However, she couldn't let those two mysterious people get out of her head. Her hands began to tremble slightly, how could she ever forgot something like that?

  "I...I am sorry... I am not ready for this just yet. Perhaps another time would do...sorry..." (Y/n) said, walking away from Kurt as fast as she can. "Interesting..." Kurt mumbled, staring at the back of (Y/n) silently. He should introduce this lady to Servais one day.

Turning into a sharp end, (Y/n) soon realised that she had gone into the mansion way too deep. She did not know where she was, she was stuck here. Looking the same grey door again, (Y/n) tried to figure out where she was.

"L.B.? Who is it..." (Y/n) mumbled softly, gently putting her hand on her chin and lost in her thoughts. 'L.B.... seems familiar... wait, is he one of the hunters? Oh no no no, not Leo Beck! I heard from William that he is a brutal hunter who owns a factory before... whatever he owns, he must have been through something miserable to twist his character that much...perhaps...'

A feeling of being grabbed by a hand was felt, and (Y/n) turned behind her instantly. All she could see was darkness, and a hairy arm. She began to yell but stopped as the man pulled out his other arm to cover her dry lips. She began to struggle, swinging and kicking her arms and legs as hard as she can but to no avail. The man was too strong for her to handle.

What could she do now? She was being dragged by the man by force, it was another short period of darkness before some familiar grey door appeared once again in her eye lids. Then, an idea popped up in her brain, as she then bit on the man's hand hard enough for him to release (Y/n). The man yelped like a girl, backing a few steps up to steady himself. As (Y/n)'s eyes began adopting to the gloomy environment, she saw who the man was.

  "Will...William? Why did you do... that?" was all (Y/n) could question about, though she still wanted to ask him more. William winced in pain, covering his palm with his hand as quick as he could. "Ouch... didn't expect ya to do something like that..." William said, rubbing his red palm in a slow pace.

  "My apologies... I did not know that was you earlier... you could have told me as a view to avoid such petrifying incident to happen... Here, let us both walk and find a doctor...um, can you lead the way please?" (Y/n) said, as she held William's arm to support this wounded man.

  "I am sorry. I forgot to warn you that the area you entered earlier is forbidden for us, the survivors to enter." William told.

  "If my perspective is accurate, I do believe that area is for the hunters right?" (Y/n) answered back.

"Yeah, you are right. Hunters are known as the dangerous ones, we should not befriend them-" "Why are you so sure that they are the dangerous ones? Is it because they attacked you? Because they strike you to death? But are you dead? I am sure not all hunters are spoiled." (Y/n) cut in, not caring what William would thought of her.

William, on the other hand, was rather shocked by the action of his new made friend. He never thought that she would protect the hunters. Did the hunters did something to change her mind? Nope, he did not think that the hunters would do such things to a new survivor.

"Never mind, it would be a whole new ball game to you when you have you first match. Anyways, why did you leave you room? I couldn't find you anywhere when I was awake." William asked, the pace picking up a bit. "O-oh... that's a long story, but mainly is that I wanted to give you a little surprise. I remembered that you wanted to paint your door, so I decided to paint it for you. But turns out, I met a new friend. His name is Kurt Frank, he is a nice guy. After having a nice conversation with him, I got lost in a dead end. And that's when I met you." (Y/n) answered.

  Sooner or later, William and (Y/n) both arrived at the same grey door. William stepped out, and knocked on the door gently. Then, the doorknob twisted. And with a light click sound was heard, (Y/n) saw a nurse came out of the room.

  "William? Oh my, what happened to your hand? Did you got bitten by some ferocious beasts? What have I told you about taking good care of yourself earlier?" The nurse yelled at William hard, her eyes scanning through the wounds from time to time. That was when she caught a glimpse of (Y/n).

  "Oh! Hello, you must be the new survivor! I am Emily Dyer, a doctor indeed. How may I help you?" Emily said, turning her head to (Y/n), but somehow (Y/n) felt nervous growing slightly on her back. She began to sweat like a waterfall, eyes looking everywhere but Emily.

  "Eh...Emily? Though I don't know what you guys are doing, but can you heal me first? My palm still hurts like hell!" William exclaimed, wanting to cringe his hand into a fist but stopped as he caught a doctor staring straight in him, furiously.

  "...welp, See ya later (Y/n). Promise me not to run away by yourself okay? You could go find Kurt if you wanna go somewhere." William said, petting (Y/n)'s back tenderly.

...