Chapter Twenty - Lost Memories

She felt a breeze of coldness swirl up to her, she should've known such things would happen when she was thinking.

  It shines with all its glory, welcoming it's way towards the fragile girl. The warmth it gave was comforting, yet it snarled and bit around the air. The ball was covered with snarling fire, she could not dodged it. This moment, this scene, this fire, this feeling, it all sounded familiar.

  Everything she loved could be gone in minutes, it's just a few single nips. So warm, so beautiful, so welcoming, could turn into a complete tragedy. She turned her gaze for a moment and everything she loved was gone.

  Once, she was just an innocent, pure girl running across her garden with bushes of rose filled her sight. She ran around the field, her parents were smiling from ear to ear, asking their precious child to have lunch when the sky started pouring rain.

  The girl denied, and kept running around the garden, soaking herself completely. As soon as her parents faded back into the house, it was destiny that the Godness had decided to  abandon the girl, as lightning had struck the tree, along with the house, and it became illuminated.

  The girl stopped her track in the rain, she could see thick, grayish smoke billowing into the skies. The once bright blue sky was now shielded by a veil of darkness as the smoke swallowed up the whole sky. Fierce fire could be seen sneaking their way out from the house, leading the army to strike towards the lovely garden.

  She stumbled against the wooden fence, and stared at the burning house in pure shock. Everything was in chaos, faint cries were heard from the house, yet, she couldn't do anything.

  She ran towards the burning house, ran straight into the entrance and searched for her parents. She cried for their names, but no one ever answered. All she could see, was fire. The glowing embers leaped and twirled in a firery dance.

  Fire shimmered like stars in the hot swirling air like gleeful fire fiends, running its way towards the girl. Water spilled down her face uncontrollably, her tiny hands held tightly to her chest, trembling as time passed. She needed air, she needed to get out, she needed help.

  With one last glance, the girl ran towards the entrance, somehow at the flash of light wooden pillars and the cement fell down, blocking the entrance. She was trapped.

  She was desperate, she searched for items to break through the way, but she couldn't stand the heat, she felt suffocated by the lack of fresh air. she laid on the ground, tears poured down onto the floor, but was quickly evaporated from the massive heat.

  "Any... anyone...! Please help...!" She cried, with the remaining strength that she left. Her vision was blurry, she struggled, she wanted to live.

  Her eyes rolled back, and her forehead slammed onto the wooden ground, she was meant to be left in the fire, burning alive until death greeted her.

  Somehow, God deceived her. She was found being buried under two burnt corpses, identified as one male and female, it was believed that two corpses were her parents.

  The poor girl, however, lost all of her memories, she once was determined to search for her lost memories, but as she was becoming older and older, she gave up. The scattered pieces became vague, and eventually locked deep into her brain.

  She experienced lots of horrific moments in her life, where she learnt to live in the society, by selling artworks. Life was hard, and she didn't like it. She attempted suicide multiple times, but failed when she thought of what more she could do in her life.

  She wanted to find love, she wanted to be loved, she wanted to learn to love someone. No one ever loved her, except for her parents, and that she never knew that, not until now, not until this very moment.

  This, was her life, (Y/n) (L/n)'s life. A girl who found her memories after all these years, only when she was about to face death herself. If only she could found it earlier.

...